[PIC]Trying to upload a photo to Airliners.net

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Hey, I just registered as a photographer at www.airliners.net and yesterday I tried to upload a photo to their site though I have yet to see if it gets accepted or not. I'm really a newbie when it comes to photographs so it will probably not be accepted due to poor quality and/or lack of information about the photo (didn't have the registration number of the aircraft). The camera I took the photo with only has 3.2 mega pixels so the quality is rather poor.

Here's the photo. Please be honest and tell me whether you like it or not and what you like/don't like and also if you think it will get accepted or not and why. airliners.net say that on average they accept one out of four photographs.

This was taken the 18th of February this year at 15h while landing at EKCH (Copenhagen)

Remember, be honest! I have a feeling that many members here at flyaway are too kind. I like mean people. BE MEAN!!!!!!!!! GRRRRAHHHhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrr

Last edited by Sean (SeanGa) on Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

terrible horrible just plain ....................... just kdding

VERY NICE SHOT 😀

Pro Member Trainee
deanos63 Trainee

wow, thas cool, what palne is that?

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Thank you very much indeed sirs!

It's an MD-80 (DC-9)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Honestly not really Airliners.net quality but I don't know how they go about selecting photos.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Honestly not really Airliners.net quality but I don't know how they go about selecting photos.

Thanks for your comment! That's kind of what I expected to hear. But could you please be more specific? It would help a lot. Do you mean that the quality of the picture is poor (bad resolution, too few pixels etc.) or that the motive is bad/the picture is not interesting enough?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Many people are turned down the first pictures that they submit. Airliners.net is very picky as to what they will publish on their website. Don't be discouraged if your photograph is not excepted, try again. While the contral from the flap is interesting, the picture lacks the aesthetic quality and picture quality that Airliners.net normally looks for. 🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

Thanks for your comment! That's kind of what I expected to hear. But could you please be more specific? It would help a lot. Do you mean that the quality of the picture is poor (bad resolution, too few pixels etc.) or that the motive is bad/the picture is not interesting enough?

Its just not a very interesting picture, the fog doesn't help, but it looks like it was taken with a disposable camera. No offense, meant. But most of airliners.net photographers are avid photographers and use Digital SLR's.

But who knows, maybe they will accept it and you can grow from there. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Thanks guys! I understand what you mean, as I clearly see a striking difference between my photo and the ones at airliners.net. And I am aware of their pickyness (which I actually like, because without that pickyness their site would be full of cr** quality pictures), and I am kind of "ready" to become rejected or how I should say it.. it's just part of the fun you might say 😛

Anyway I have some other photos of mine which I plan to upload regardless of whether this one gets accepted or not. There are many photos I regard as candidates to become accepted, but naturally I won't upload all. I think I will create a poll in a seperate thread where I post many pictures and then you can pick your favourites. I will edit this post and provide a link to the poll thread.

Thanks once again

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Okay. I have now created part two of this thread. You can view it here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21283/operation-getting-my-photographs-onto-airlinersnetam/

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

alright you want the truth, this is why i would reject it. qaulity, soft, level, colour, contrast, and borders. thats what i could see, id probably find more things wrong with it if i saw a full version.

have you every looking at Jetphotos.net? there a little easier in rejections there. they took some of my pictures that i edited before i calibrated my monitor, and now when i look at them, their alittle embarrassing Embarassed

Last edited by atreyu on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

atreyu wrote:

alright you want the truth, this is why i would reject it. qaulity, soft, level, colour, contrast, and borders. thats what i could see, id probably find more things wrong with it.

have you every looked at Jetphotos.net? there a little easier in rejections there. they took some of my pictures that i edited before i calibrated my monitor, and now when i look at them, their alittle embarrassing Embarassed

your photos dont look bad to me

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

atreyu wrote:

alright you want the truth, this is why i would reject it. qaulity, soft, level, colour, contrast, and borders. thats what i could see, id probably find more things wrong with it.

have you every looked at Jetphotos.net? there a little easier in rejections there. they took some of my pictures that i edited before i calibrated my monitor, and now when i look at them, their alittle embarrassing Embarassed

thanks, i guess ive just gotten too picky

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

atreyu wrote:

earthqu8kes wrote:

atreyu wrote:

thanks, i guess ive just gotten too picky

i get that way sometimes too

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Try and aim to get a point of interest or significant feature in the picture somewhere on one of the "third" lines.

Split your frame up into thirds, both horizontally and vertically

Now, try and get significant features on one of those lines... makes it more pleasing to the eye

For example, in pic number one

Had you moved the viewfinder to the left so the wing is on the right hand vertical third more definately and the top of the engine nacelle that trails off the wing into frame a little you would have had the sun shining into the picture from the top right corner and a sort of natural frame hemming in the cloud layer...

dunno if any of that makes sense, for alot of photos tho, especially landscape applying thirds is a good rule of thumb

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

oops relied to the wrong thread, this was intended for the one with the voting options ><

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...