For DaveC

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi,
Would you repaint a plane for me? I would like the Trump plane shown here. I would like you to replace "TRUMP" and the "T" on the back with "DOLAN" and the letter "D" on the tail.

Also, could you change the name on the helicopter shown here?

You can get the plane at avsim.com by searching for "trump" (1st on the search results)

I can't seem to find the helicopter, but I'll keep looking!

I'd really appreciate it if you could make these for me. If you can't thats okay too! Wink

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Just so there is no mistake - can you give me the file name of the aircraft you are referring to. Why I ask is because the first item in the Avsim search is as it says "especially for AI traffic" which might cause problems if you want to fly it.

Pro Member Captain

I am a little confused - when I click on your 'here' - I get #1
But when I when I look at your requirements and what Radarman found for you I get #2 and the download you steered me onto is an AI a/c

please clarify - although I would guess at #2 - but repaintig is a time consuming task and I wish to make sure before attempting the repaint - this is not a commitment to repaint but only a promise to see what can be done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I'd like #1, please. I have that AI plane, but I have it rigged up so you can fly it and it works pretty well. Wink Thanks so much for doing this! 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris.

I don't know if this link will work.

Here are the textures you want.

Download link:

If this won't download give me you e-mail in a PM and I'll send them to you.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I got them Radarman, thanks!

Pro Member Captain

I have done a little work on the DOLAN texture. Before I do any more - do you really want this texture

I know I have still the tail to do - tails take a little bit longer and the DOLAN lettering has still to be 'shadowed'.
What do you think?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! It looks GREAT so far!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Done a little more - do you like tail now??

Pro Member Captain

Could you please let me have a copy of your default 737-400 aircraft.cfg file - just the section from the first line [fltsim.00] to the blank line immediately above [General]. Just copy/paste it in your next post. Also require a list of the the names of all the texture folders in the a/c file eg texture, texture.1, texture.2 etc etc
This information will enable me to include the 'texture.dolan' folder with the least trouble to yourself. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks so much, Dave!! Here's the info you requested.

[The only texture in this folder is texture.trump]

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-400 Trump
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=trump
kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-400_ref
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-400
ui_variation=Trump
description=The Donald Trump 737-400 painted by Salles Monteiro.

Pro Member Captain

Are all the default textures in the 737-400 in a separate a/c folder??
eg American Pacific Airways, Orbit Airlines, Pacifica Airlines, etc, etc - there should be at least 6. Is the a/c folder in which the trump texture named 'trump2k4' ???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I'm using the model that came with the plane. I'm currently not running it off the default 737.

Pro Member Captain

davec wrote:

Could you please let me have a copy of your default 737-400 aircraft.cfg file - just the section from the first line [fltsim.0] to the blank line immediately above [General]. Just copy/paste it in your next post. Also require a list of the the names of all the texture folders in the a/c file eg texture, texture.1, texture.2 etc etc
This information will enable me to include the 'texture.dolan' folder with the least trouble to yourself. Thanks in advance.

Before we get into a tangle will you please give me the above information.

Pro Member Captain

Chris102 wrote:

I'm using the model that came with the plane. I'm currently not running it off the default 737.

Where did you get this 'model' from ? I did ask you early in this dialogue for the name of the file you were working from and didn't get an answer - this has led to a lot of 'cross purpose' dialogue - a waste of your time and mine. I am very willing to do repaints for anyone but I find I am spending more time in the forum clearing up points than on the actual repaints.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-400
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
atc_id=N737Z
atc_airline=American Pacific
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="American Pacific Airways"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.1]
title=Boeing 737-400 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Landmark
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="Landmark Airlines"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

[fltsim.2]
title=Boeing 737-400 Paint2
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
atc_id=N737X
atc_airline=Orbit
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="Orbit Airlines"

[fltsim.3]
title=Boeing 737-400 Paint3
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=3
atc_id=N737Y
atc_airline=Pacifica
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="Pacifica Airlines"

[fltsim.4]
title=Boeing 737-400 Paint4
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=4
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"

The textures I have are:

texture
texture.1
texture.2
texture.3
texture.4

I got the other model from flightsim.com

Pro Member Captain

What was the file name????

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

b737_400

Pro Member Captain

davec wrote:

Chris102 wrote:

Where did you get this 'model' from ? I did ask you early in this dialogue for the name of the file you were working from and didn't get an answer - this has led to a lot of 'cross purpose' dialogue - a waste of your time and mine. I am very willing to do repaints for anyone but I find I am spending more time in the forum clearing up points than on the actual repaints.

Please - can you give me the file name of the a/c you downloaded.

Pro Member Captain

Chris102 wrote:

b737_400

This very much looks like a folder name, presumably the one that contains the above cfg file. what I want is the name of the file that you downloaded eg - ********.zip

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Sorry for all the confusion Dave Embarassed Here's the link to get the plane with the model included:

Pro Member Captain

Thank you Chris
You haven't yet said if you like/want the D on the red background on the tale and if what you have pleases you or do you want anything else?
When I get your answer and make any changes you want then I will devise away to get the appropriate texture file and a new cfg file to you so you can fly your personal 747.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks, Dave. I would like the D on the tail without the red backround, please. Could you install on it some airstairs? 😀

Pro Member Captain

Right a recap = you downloaded an a/c (trump2k2.zip - obviously an FS2002 compatable) and you applied a textures only file (trump2k4.zip) to that. You must have done some editing of a a/c cfg file somewhere along the line - so what I am going to do is send you a texture bmp file with the Dolan features in it to include in your trump2k2/trump2k4 conglomeration. Please leave your email address in a PM - I presume your email system accepts attachments.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...