FSX COUNTDOWN

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Hey I can not wait any longer and since we have 10 days until release (atleast from what I heard) I thought to start a countdown!

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

10 days till the bitching begins.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

ya most likely, and I have a feeling most of the "bitching" is going to come from the people who only heard about it/never played it only read about it and all the perfectionists, who will say "hey that tree one too many branches" and "Hey that cloud is not the right shade" some stupid crap like that

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

-Jester- wrote:

ya most likely, and I have a feeling most of the "bitching" is going to come from the people who only heard about it/never played it only read about it and all the perfectionists, who will say "hey that tree one too many branches" and "Hey that cloud is not the right shade" some stupid crap like that

No, the real bitching will come from from people who think it can be played. It is not a game.

Nitwits complain about the number of branches on trees or the color of clouds. Perfectionists might complain if flight dynamics or textrues are unrealistic.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Most will be, "OMG MY COMPUTER IS AWESOME IT FSX SUCKS IT WON'T WORK"

"Whats your computer specs"

"I DUNNO, I HAVE 40000 BYTES OF SOMETHING AND SOME CARD, FSX SUCKS!1111"

Flight Sim X takes off for factory
Development complete on Microsoft's high-flying simulation for PCs; jets, choppers, commercial airliners fly into stores October 17.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Most will be, "OMG MY COMPUTER IS AWESOME IT FSX SUCKS IT WON'T WORK"

"Whats your computer specs"

"I DUNNO, I HAVE 40000 BYTES OF SOMETHING AND SOME CARD, FSX SUCKS!1111"

True, true, but if it wasnt for the people like that, what else would we read to amuse ourselves? Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Amuse?

Fear

mirjahan Guest

I already brought this game from futureshop store or futureshop.ca on oct 03 standart edition.
With comuter it doesn't work good nothing very big change just graphicimprovement.
Not work good with my computer
cpu 1.7 ghz mem 512 vid 128 mb ati 9250 dxd 9.0C
It take 15 GB of your HD. Adn no need to put cd to playe game.
When i put graphic very low not much details then it work good unless more than very low then it doesn't work good. It eats more memory and hd. comes with TWO DVDs.
if any one know what is the best system to have please reply me .
On help faq it said for best performance need
CPU 3.8 ghz memory 2 GB video 256 memory is it true?
and don't know how to add more airlines like FS 2004 aircraft addon.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mirjahan wrote:

I already brought this game from futureshop store or futureshop.ca on oct 03 standart edition.
With comuter it doesn't work good nothing very big change just graphicimprovement.
Not work good with my computer
cpu 1.7 ghz mem 512 vid 128 mb ati 9250 dxd 9.0C
It take 15 GB of your HD. Adn no need to put cd to playe game.
When i put graphic very low not much details then it work good unless more than very low then it doesn't work good. It eats more memory and hd. comes with TWO DVDs.
if any one know what is the best system to have please reply me .
On help faq it said for best performance need
CPU 3.8 ghz memory 2 GB video 256 memory is it true?
and don't know how to add more airlines like FS 2004 aircraft addon.
Thanks

Your computer and mine are almost identical and I too have problems with the sim (FSX Deluxe).
You can max out the aircraft slide it doesn't take much power. Keep your FPS at 15 or below, last night I has a smooth flight and set it at 10.
You do need a more powerful CPU and more memory and especially a great video card.
I haven't tried to load any aircraft yet but I will and when I do I'll post instructions.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

i'm so anxous i put a count down on my myspace also. www.myspace.com/soapeyshope

Frank Flyer Guest

Flight Simulator X definately does suck. I have flown every FS from 3.0 and take my word this one ain't pretty. First off you'll have to buy a new computer to see any ground traffic or detailed terrain. Anything above normal will make yoursystem jumpy. That's on a p3.2 2 gigs of ram 256 ddr 3 system. So don't give me the underpowered system routine. FS 2004 looks and runs beautifully on it. Plus all the planes and panels they give you are readily avalable at most FS addon sites. And how about this, you'd think that with all the R&D Microsoft can afford that MAYBE they'd take the time to actually give you accuratly detailed airports and major cities. I was flying into Lga Rwy4 base and saw ...the Citicorp Tower in QUEENS! Someone please tell them that building is in Manhattan! AND when you DO get all the extra stuff running the cars dissappear when you fly close to them. The buildings are not in the right place. I maen the flight dynamics are not that much better that FS 2004 so why rip me off for 75 bucks on a deluxe version of an unplayable game?? If you believe otherwise you are not being honest ....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Frank Flyer wrote:

Flight Simulator X definately does suck. I have flown every FS from 3.0 and take my word this one ain't pretty. First off you'll have to buy a new computer to see any ground traffic or detailed terrain. Anything above normal will make yoursystem jumpy. That's on a p3.2 2 gigs of ram 256 ddr 3 system. So don't give me the underpowered system routine. FS 2004 looks and runs beautifully on it. Plus all the planes and panels they give you are readily avalable at most FS addon sites. And how about this, you'd think that with all the R&D Microsoft can afford that MAYBE they'd take the time to actually give you accuratly detailed airports and major cities. I was flying into Lga Rwy4 base and saw ...the Citicorp Tower in QUEENS! Someone please tell them that building is in Manhattan! AND when you DO get all the extra stuff running the cars dissappear when you fly close to them. The buildings are not in the right place. I maen the flight dynamics are not that much better that FS 2004 so why rip me off for 75 bucks on a deluxe version of an unplayable game?? If you believe otherwise you are not being honest ....

I have no reason to not respect your opinion or to not count this post as a feedback(i don't have FSX yet).
But i would prefer if you end your analysis with a ...''My opinion'' instead of ''If you believe otherwise you are not being honest '' 😉

Friendly to you 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If it weren't his opinion he wouldn't post it. ''My opinion'' is overkill. Just because someone else does it not everybody has to do it.

PENTIUM 4
RADEON X1600 720 MB
2 GB RAM
AND ENOUGH OTHER Censored AND UPGRADES TO MAKE THIS THING POWERFUL ENOUGH TO BLOW UP A COUNTRY... BUT THIS THING STILL CANT RUN FSX !!!!!!!!!! Mad

Censored By Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

FSX is design to work with the next generation of PC's. It's really design to work in Vista.

And please keep the language to yourself. Those out there that are wanting information and help when it comes to FSX don't need to hear foul language. Specially the young ones out there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...