Turn off countdown

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

Does anyone know how to turn off the countdown red display when u do replays?
Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You cant Crying or Very sad but there is a d/load which cancels all on screen wording(execpt ATC)
I cant for the life of me remember the name,but give me a day or two and Ill find it as I have it on a back up cdr somewhere 🙄

Last edited by tomthetank on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

not possible, if you want good screenshots:
☻Pause the flight
☻Switch to the view you want
☻quickly un pause the flight and take the screenshots, then re pause the flight and go back to flying 🙂

Hope that helps,

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

I wanted to make a video but with the countdown it would look uncool...

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Simple Answer:

Download 'Techsmiths' Camtasia Studio which is a great screen recording program.

You can select a certain area of the screen to record by dragging any size rectangles with your mouse curser. By doing this you can drag a rectange of neary the whole screen but not right down to the bottem where the countdown timer is!

For more info visit http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp?CMP=KAC-CGoogle where you can get a free trial version (I use the full version though which comes with a movie editor 😉 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Is it better than FRAPS?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

In someways its better than fraps. Fraps can only record games. Camtasia can record anything and everything and you can resize the screen area, record multiple screen areas and edit the vidoes etc. The only proplem is that if you have a slow pc, fs2004 will lag bad, where as it wont with fraps

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks CT - does anyone else have an opinion on that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Read Found it 😀
You can get it from www.flightsim.com

its called msgkill.zip ➡

FS2004 Utility--Message Kill. This is a follow-up to the original NOBRAKES.ZIP Flight Simulator 2004 language.dll file modification. This language.dll file mod eliminates a much wider variety of pop-up scroll bar messages than before and is geared toward the group of hardcore, more experienced simmers. By Julie Rhodes.Deletes practically all of the pop up scroll bar messages that normally appear in FS2004 including, FLiGHT SIMULATOR PAUSED - PRESS P TO CONTINUE, BRAKES, PARKING BRAKE SET, CRASH, INSTANT REPLAY, STALL, OVERSPEED, MAIN EXIT OPENING/CLOSING, TAILHOOK UP/DOWN, WINGS FOLDING, among others. The flight video pop-up lables such as recording speed, ect, have also been erased completely.

In addition, view labels such as SPOT, COCKPIT, VIRTUAL COCKPIT, and TOWER are also eliminated, including the current zoom value displays.

The SLEW pop-up label is also erased. The numeric values such as latitude/longitude/heading, ect, will still be displayed at the top of the screen. However, you can simply press SHIFT-Z while in Slew mode to cycle through the Slew pop-up displays until the screen is clear. This is great for making dramatic screenshots! The slew pop-up display will remain clear until you switch aircraft and is so very easy to manually get rid of that only a minimum of modification to this particular display has been done.

The Instant Replay pop-up scroll bar has now been eliminated completely, you can now watch those landing replays with a little more fidelity or even make some cool movies without having that irritating label on your playback screen.

All in all, eliminating a host of scroll bar messages from popping up in Flight Simulator 2004 lends a little more fidelity to your simming experience, at least I think so. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...