Why do my flights take so long

I fly for a virtual airline, but on some of my longer flights I arrive at my destination much too late. One such example is a recent flight from Boston to Heathrow, which is supposed to take only 6.5h and it took me about 14h. I use the flight plaaner to find a route between the airports in the high altitude airways, IFR. The flight path went right back across Canada and then pretty much direct to Heathrow.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕You can alter the flight plan fs9 gives you
Set up as normal your start and finish points then look at the map to see if there is a better/shorter route(drag the red line to a new waypoint)
Delete any way points you dont want

There is a site where you can enter your start/finish points and it will give you a recognised commercial flight plan Umm... Ive lost it,but someone here may have the link.........Ill keep looking though

Hope it helps

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Very strange as I did a similar flight from JFK to Heathrow and FS gave a similar route back across Canada then onto Heathrow. In instances where it does this, I use the Direct GPS method while under IFR.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 I found the link,but Crying or Very sad the site is down

just in case it comes back on soon ➡

http://www.clearanceunlimited.com/main.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Always use GPS routing for transatlantic flights. The airlines do, because there's no VOR's out floating round the ocean as far as i know. Otherwise it'll route you to the nearest VOR's, which usually puts you up north to intersect with one that will lead to, say, Heathrow.

OK thanks. It's just i thought the airlines always used High Altitude Airways

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...