Some observations.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Having had a chance to use FSX on a 2.8 GHz P4 with 512 MB (128 MB shared with Intel on board GFX).

FSX will use around 600 MB of memory...minimum! The more RAM you have on both your mother board and GFX card, the happier you will be.

Hard drive speed doesn't appear to be as critical. I'm running FSX from a 300 GB Maxtor external drive, and while it may slow loading a bit,
FSX doesn't appear to access the drive as frequently as FS9.

I am guessing that a P4 (or equivalent) of 2.4 GHz or better, should be up to the task.

As far as MS published minimums of a 1.0 GHz processor with 256MB RAM, I can only suggest a few shots of 151 proof Rum before using FSX under those conditions. That way everything will be blurry and shaky, and so FSX will emulate "real-world". 😂 😂 😂

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

You mean you actually have Flight sim x or just the demo 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

You mean you actually have Flight sim x or just the demo 😳

The real FSX Deluxe.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I can't belive you actually have it 😳

Could you please post some screen shots 🍻 Bow Down Thnaks 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

I already did...in the FSX screen shot forum. Look for the thread San Fernando Valley. Note that I am using a rather lame machine and hadn't turned up the sliders. Some of the aircraft don't look so good because I left the slider at a low setting at first. Later shots show the a/c better.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Oh thank you Crashgordan ill look right now 😀

Faucett1 Guest

Hey, Faucett here (can't log in at my work anymore).

Is there any conflict at all when installing fsX alongside fs9 and all of its add-ons? Does anything seem to get confused? I haven't heard about any problems, but thought I'd check before I go pimp my local BB.

Thanks so much.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Faucett1 wrote:

Hey, Faucett here (can't log in at my work anymore).

Is there any conflict at all when installing fsX alongside fs9 and all of its add-ons? Does anything seem to get confused? I haven't heard about any problems, but thought I'd check before I go pimp my local BB.

Thanks so much.

No. By default FSX will install in a different directory.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Thanks Crash. Just got back from BB, they had about ten copies of each right out on the shelf. 😳 Guess there's not too many sim-nerds here in Missouri Dont Know

Installing 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

Thanks Crash. Just got back from BB, they had about ten copies of each right out on the shelf. 😳 Guess there's not too many sim-nerds here in Missouri Dont Know

Installing 😎

I guess no one "showed" them. 😂 Have fun.

Hey CrashGordon, have you seen any wildlife/birds while flying around? Also are there still 2D cockpits?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have my settings down pretty low, so there are Lions running around.

Yes, you can still select 2-D cockpits, which I have done since I don't have a high end computer.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Faucett wrote:

Installing 😎

I guess no one "showed" them. 😂 Have fun.

😂

I'll tell you, though, fsX is showing me something so far. My first impressions:
[system: amd64 3500+ (single), 1 gig ram, ati x800, pci-e.]

Give this puppy plenty of time to install itself. Even after you go to the main menu for the first time, its still working and installing everything. Probably needs a few days of consistant use to "settle in"

I was glad it didn't really change anything menu-wise. I was able to go through all of the various settings menus and approximate the sliders based on where I have them in fs9. Frames I set at 14

That done, I finally took a Cessna up in a fair sky with reduced visability (just like I do in fs9), and was rather happy at what I saw. Reminded me of VOZ quite a bit, imho, yet everything seems more...real. The Blurries are much reduced, its more a matter of what your system is capable of rendering on the whole. (not that I have a super one).

Quite a few more view options, all improvements, I think. I miss a simple f1 view, however. Hopefully there should be something for that soon.

So far, so good.

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you get a chance, post some screen shots. People are getting tired of what my pokey machine can do. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...