Engine Start Sequence on PMDG 737

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi peeps,

I am really loving my PMDG 737-700 which I am flying with Easyjet colours, but i am having a few problems when it comes to starting the engines. I have the APU running ok, everything seams fine, but when I stick the ignition switch to both and select GND as the start the engine struggles to start.

I was wondering if any other PMDG owners have had a problem or could offer advice?

Ta
Leachus

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Do they start to spool up at all?

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Yes they do, but then they don't fire after that.

Pro Member First Officer

Well I got there in the end 🙂 turns out it was a combination of the bleed air from the apu and the fuel cutoff switches on the throttle. Just 1 more question though.....now I have got my engines started the proper way, I now find that whenever I go to take off, I get a warning sound telling me that my throttle is too high. Have I missed something? My flaps are ok, APU off, but I have noticed that the ram air turbine lights are still illuminated.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Leachus

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

make sure that you don't just throw it forward. it has to be in the right spot

Pro Member First Officer

oh I don't 🙂

I ease it upto 40% of N1, and then ease it up from that and the buzzers keep going til i leave the tarmac

make sure you turn APU off, turn left and right packs on and apu bleed off. Then turn both generators back on followed by probe and window heat etc.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers peeps, but still no luck. I have attached some screenies for you to have a look at, one overhead and one throttle/panel. If you look to the right of the throttle quadrant, you I have left the N1% at where it starts buzzing.

Thanks
Leachus

here is why i think:

You need to turn on the isolation valve and the left and right packs.

Here:

Pro Member First Officer

Well done - your a star. All sorted now 🙂

Its so much easier with screenies :p

Many Thanks for all your help

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

OK I just purchased my copy of the 737-NG. I received my type rating for a real 737 back in July and I am very impressed with this software. However, I have a couple of questions. How do you load the nav computer with a FS-generated flight plan -- please say it can be done automatically and not manually entered into the computer. Second question is how do you make radio calls to ATC? I see where I can dial up the ATC freq, but how do I "talk " to ATC with this program?

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Prozac919 wrote:

OK I just purchased my copy of the 737-NG. I received my type rating for a real 737 back in July and I am very impressed with this software. However, I have a couple of questions. How do you load the nav computer with a FS-generated flight plan -- please say it can be done automatically and not manually entered into the computer. Second question is how do you make radio calls to ATC? I see where I can dial up the ATC freq, but how do I "talk " to ATC with this program?

I don't think you can load FS generated flight plan into the PMDG 737 NG FMC...You will need to do it manually...else you can create a FP in FSBuild and then export it to the format required by PMDG 737...

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

[quote="to_coolguys"]

Prozac919 wrote:

I don't think you can load FS generated flight plan into the PMDG 737 NG FMC...You will need to do it manually...else you can create a FP in FSBuild and then export it to the format required by PMDG 737...

Where can I find the instructions on how to do this?

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

it's there on the fsbuild site..www.fsbuild.com

http://www.fsbuild.com/fsbtut/exporting_tut.htm

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

leachus2002 wrote:

I get a warning sound telling me that my throttle is too high. Have I missed something? My flaps are ok, APU off, but I have noticed that the ram air turbine lights are still illuminated.

Just noticed this. Your RAM air lights will be on anytime the aircraft is still on the ground with the AC PACKS operating. Also, in the air with high temps you will also get these lights as the doors are going full open to help cool the AC packs. Certain flap settings also drive the RAM air doors open. Been almost 6 months since I went through 737 training so don't quote me on this.

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

leachus2002 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers peeps, but still no luck. I have attached some screenies for you to have a look at, one overhead and one throttle/panel. If you look to the right of the throttle quadrant, you I have left the N1% at where it starts buzzing.

Thanks
Leachus

The buzzing you are getting is the takeoff warning horn. It is telling you your aircraft is not properly configured for takeoff. You need flaps at 5%, takeoff stab trim in the takeoff range, spoilers in the down position and I can't remember the fourth item off hand (may be slats and fowler flaps in proper position). I'll have to research that one. Nothing on the overhead panel affects the takeoff warning horn.

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Prozac919 wrote:

Second question is how do you make radio calls to ATC? I see where I can dial up the ATC freq, but how do I "talk " to ATC with this program?

You can talk to the ATC by opening the ATC window which is the ' key. If you want to talk to real people using your own voice then use Vatsim, which IMO is the best thing ever happened to FS2004. Vatsim combined with FSPassengers and a PMDG aircraft --> Fantastic realism

😎

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

twistedsucker wrote:

. If you want to talk to real people using your own voice then use Vatsim, which IMO is the best thing ever happened to FS2004. Vatsim combined with FSPassengers and a PMDG aircraft --> Fantastic realism

😎

Wish I could get VATSIM working. Tried both Squawkbox and FSInn and an unable to connect to anything. I have WASTED hours on this.

Prozac919 wrote:

twistedsucker wrote:

. If you want to talk to real people using your own voice then use Vatsim, which IMO is the best thing ever happened to FS2004. Vatsim combined with FSPassengers and a PMDG aircraft --> Fantastic realism

😎

Wish I could get VATSIM working. Tried both Squawkbox and FSInn and an unable to connect to anything. I have WASTED hours on this.

First sign up with vatsim. Download swquawkbox then in the options section, put your id and password into it and then add which aircraft etc. Dont see why it shouldnt work if you do all of that.

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

[quote="Anonymous"][quote="Prozac919"]

twistedsucker wrote:

First sign up with vatsim. Download swquawkbox then in the options section, put your id and password into it and then add which aircraft etc. Dont see why it shouldnt work if you do all of that.

Did all of that. Couldn't get squawk box to connect for the life of me. All sorts of error messages. Installed this and also FSInn several times. Even reinstalled FS. After the dozenth try with fSinn, I finally got it working. Don't know how but it took a while. Very finnicky.

Pro Member First Officer

Firewall of any kind?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...