777 ILS

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

why do u require a VOR1 for ILS in a 777. Don't they have the PFD or HSI to show that???

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Can you fly an ILS approach in a Cessna?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Did you read the manual?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Because its realistic, there will be no GPS pop up either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

You learn, buy reading the manual. I love when people jump from basic aircraft to extremely complex ones...

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

so why'sthis different? i don't understand. if you can fly ils in any...then read the manual briefly for this for where bits are what you need to fly ils (jargon should be the same)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

pokey1694 wrote:

the reason why this is diffrent is cuz i can fly any ILS with a GPS but i dunno how without one

ILS and GPS are different. do you mean you pop up the GPS then use it to fly down the green feathers?

that's not ILS. for a tutorial on this take a look here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

pokey1694 wrote:

but according to that u still need a gps to fly an ILS

I haven't yet used a GPS to fly ILS...

Munkeh Guest

Solotwo wrote:

You learn, buy reading the manual. I love when people jump from basic aircraft to extremely complex ones...

You really do have an attitude problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Thanks for pointing that out. I just have a grasp on reality.

Munkeh Guest

Solotwo wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. I just have a grasp on reality.

No you don't. We all start somewhere. Maybe this guy thought he'd get a better answer, and easier to understand on the forum. But no. He's met by Censored like you. Grow up, boy.

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i can understand solotwo's candid attitude on this topic i'm afraid.

although you may not have read all the things many of us have, this sort of question is all too common. if you read the link i provided before to Jolegg's detailed guides you will be fine.

did you do the lessons in FS? daft question, if you did you would know you don't need a GPS to perform an ILS approach. in the real world GPS certainly isn't certified for it, and FS' GPS is far to basic for the potential.

you've jumped straight into acomplex aircraft, but in time you will learn as we all did and start to get great pleasure in using all those systems correctly Wink

Munkeh Guest

hinch wrote:

i can understand solotwo's candid attitude on this topic i'm afraid.

Yeah, except it's the same for every thread. The community here is niche, and therefore, one Censored spoils it for everyone. Thank god I didn't pay to be a member here, when there are so many other forums that have the guts to ban fools like him, just because he isn't a main poster.

Censored By Radar You will be banned if you keep on insulting name calling.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

The lessons in FS so tell you how to do things, you have to listen and read all of the material before hand and not just jump straight into the lesson.

What kind of aircraft were you flying before you started to fly heavies?

Jet aircraft (especially realistic payware ones) are a LOT more complicated than single prop light aircraft.

I have not flown the payware 777 myself as I'm not into heavy a/c. but in the PMDG 737 to program the ILS, you must enter the ILS frequency into both nav comms. Then select LOC until established (you must be on a suitable intercept heading too)

Seriously though, read some tutorials before asking this kind of thing, or at least do a search first, this kind of question is asked near enough everyday and it gets a little frustrating Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...