FS2002 on Amazon.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I just placed an order for FS2002 on Amazon. They are selling it for about $14.00 US so I figured I would get it. I am hearing from other postings on Fly Away that it is similar to FS9 and so I am looking forward to installing it.

One thing I can say for sure is that I sincerely hope that 02 (being an older product) will be far superior to the older sim CFS3 Battle for Europe! I got that at Best Buy for next to nothing and now I can see why. The CFS3 A/C are stationary in the tail on view and then when the yolk is employed the entire horizon tilts!! I was quite frankly amazed at how bad it actually is. I addition, I don't ever seem to be getting enough RPM's to catch even those old lumbering bombers. 😞 I just get left by myself in a clear blue sky with the horizon flipping from R to L as I try to locate the foes. 🙄 Sorry to post that neg comment for any BFE fans out there.

BTW, I am considering getting the sim with the A/C Carriers. Right now I can not think of the name but I think it is called Carrier Ops or something. My question for anybody who knows is: Is the Carrier sim more like what's offered in CFS3-BFE or is it closer to the quality of FS9??? I would like to know so that I don't just throw more money away.

Thanx 4 any feedback.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

2002 will be easier to run on your machine than 2004 because it's older and isn't as graphic intensive. I think you can get a $20 rebate on it.
http://www.freeafterrebate.info/index.php?topic=software

I didn't get CFS but from what I read CFS2 was better than CFS3. I bought Sturmovic FB and didn't care for it.

This is what your thinking of.
https://www.simshack.net/products/uss-enterprise-aircraft-carrier-fsx-prepar3d-682

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Hey RadarMan. Thanks for the comprehensive link. That is what I was talking about alright. The screenshots on the page look good/great but my Q is how do the A/C handle? Are there any multi-functional views or does the plane just sit still in the center of the screen while the terrain rolls back and fourth? 🙄 --I guess I am asking if it is 2 or 3 dimensional?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

Hey RadarMan. Thanks for the comprehensive link. That is what I was talking about alright. The screenshots on the page look good/great but my Q is how do the A/C handle? Are there any multi-functional views or does the plane just sit still in the center of the screen while the terrain rolls back and fourth? 🙄 --I guess I am asking if it is 2 or 3 dimensional?

Dont Know Yes

ROFL

Sorry, wait for someone who has it. There are a few memebers that do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Ok. Sorry RadarMan for being so abrupt with that question. I guess I am like others and like yourself in one way and that is that now some are a little skeptical of a few of the games and/or sims out there now? 🙄 What is shown on the box is really not what we see on the screen sometimes I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I really am glad that you do not have the Battle 4 Europe because it is not at all what someone would expect from Microsoft. Actually, the name M.Soft is the reason why I got it anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You weren't abrupt I was just kidding around. I always hate buying a game without a demo, some of them are dogs.
I did however play the demo of FB, liked it but the demo was better than the game.
It's a crapshoot!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...