Error 1935 - Rolling back action

Thombo Guest

When I'm installing FSX I keep getting an error 1935, it stops installing and it removes all installed files from my pc...

Can someone help me with this problem?

Answers 89 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Is this a legal FSX copy or have you download it from somewhere?

Thombo Guest

Legal! Offcourse.. I think it has something to do with msxml 4 sp2.. I don't know exact what that is, because when I get this error message I've copied the files into another directory so it will automatically delete the original directory, but not the one where I copied the other files.. When I start FS X then it says someting about msxml 4 sp2.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

OK...I just ask it because i have notice a similar question to some other forums...Anyway have a look at this..Not an excact solution but it en-lights.. ➡

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=28553

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Thombo wrote:

When I'm installing FSX I keep getting an error 1935, it stops installing and it removes all installed files from my pc...

Can someone help me with this problem?

If you google error 1935 and the part of the error message you didn't tell us about, you might find an answer. There are a number of reasons for error 1935. Without that information directly after 1935, any answer you get would be guesswork.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try deleteing Nero software and rebooting.

Radar

ElvisG Guest

I posted a fix for the msxml 4.0 issues.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/20818/problem-with-demo-missing-file/

Whomever is admin may want to copy and paste what I wrote and sticky it.

Gettys Guest

Same error 1935 here too. Not sure what to do.

stuCP Guest

Just bought MS FSX today. Here's the error I get when I get to the very end and Disk 2 is registering the components and fonts and stuff.

I have removed Nero 7 and made sure the msxml4 thing is up to date. I don't know what else to do. I've defragged. Scanned for viruses, spyware, removed temp files, ran all windows updates... absolutely everything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I get the same error message, I also have flight sim 04 installed and I have dotnet 2.0 you think this is the problem?

Fryingpan Guest

A note about the msxml4.dll file, mine was in my FS9 folder.....

Fryingpan wrote:

A note about the msxml4.dll file, mine was in my FS9 folder.....

What's it say? I deleted FS9

Fryingpan Guest

not much, being a .dll file, its all gibberish, the fix doesnt work since i have no system32 folder

This is ridiculous, I unistalled FS9, Nero, dotnet 2.0 then reinstalled 1.1 and the updates I used that REG cleaner you suggested and it still doesn't work, what else could it be do I have to format my Pc and start over? There's always a problem with Microsoft I can't beleive I wasted 70 bucks for this I should.ve DL it like everyone else. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

This is ridiculous, I unistalled FS9, Nero, dotnet 2.0 then reinstalled 1.1 and the updates I used that REG cleaner you suggested and it still doesn't work, what else could it be do I have to format my Pc and start over? There's always a problem with Microsoft I can't beleive I wasted 70 bucks for this I should.ve DL it like everyone else. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Go into safe mode and see how you do.
Firewall and ani-virus shut off also.

Radar

RadarMan wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Go into safe mode and see how you do.
Firewall and ani-virus shut off also.

Radar

Install it safe mode?

I try to installed it in safe mode and the installer doesn't even load up, I get error message 167: unable to instal installshield scripting runtime.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All I can say is to defrag, clean the registry run a spyware app and try again.

Radar

Fingish Guest

I had the same error message as the screenshot posted earlier in this thread, the one with the "HResult 0x80131700" at the end.

I found this thread:

http://www.tech-forums.net/showthread.php?s=threadid=102663

someone reccomended cutting the mscoree.dll file out of the Windows/System32 directory and pasting it to the desktop during installation. (for a different problem not FSX)

After 3 hours of trying to install, this solution finally worked for me.

I've tried every other fix in this thread, deleting temps, nero, etc...

mscoree.dll turned out to be the problem with me

I was running Windows MCE just like the person who posted for help in the thread i cited.

GL!

I'm not a computer expert so do so at your own risk, but I'm off to fly...

[/quote][/code]

Fingish wrote:

I had the same error message as the screenshot posted earlier in this thread, the one with the "HResult 0x80131700" at the end.

I found this thread:

someone reccomended cutting the mscoree.dll file out of the Windows/System32 directory and pasting it to the desktop during installation. (for a different problem not FSX)

I was running Windows MCE just like the person who posted for help in the thread i cited.

GL!

[/code][/quote]

Thanks alot, I'll give that a shot now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Fingish wrote:

I found this thread:

GL!

[/code]

Thanks alot, I'll give that a shot now.[/quote]

Sounds good, let us know how you do.

Radar

Still nothing, this thing is driving me crazy.

WOW I finally got it, I don't know WTF I did but I got it working.
I just want to say thanks to you guys who helped me out.

Fryingpan Guest

I still have no system32 directory...

Fingish Guest

No System 32 file in Windows Directory?

Try making sure all hidden files and folders are being shown. (Options or Preferences in for the Folder you are in, I think)

On any Windows XP machine it should be found in Cdrive/Windows/System32.

try searching your machine for "System32".

Sorry, really not a computer pro, just trying to relate the solution that worked for me, I know I was ready to go crazy after 3-4 hours of getting errors on the install.

Also like I mentioned above, this solution worked when getting the Error message depecited in that earlier screen shot that ended with "HResult 0x80131700". If this isn't the error you are getting you might require a different solution...

GL!

I found this solution on another site and it worked for me...

1. Start - Run - type msconfig
2. Under Start up - disable all
3. Go to Services tab and check "hide all MS services" - disable all
4. restart windows
5. install FSX
6. IT WORKS!
7. reinstall start up programs and services
8. restart windows and you should be good to go

Hope it works for you - only took me about 5 hours of work to figure that out. Still can't register though...

but how can we play online without registereing wht do u mean that we cant register after installing disablling the MS servies. Can we register after enabelling them!!

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

People. I have a solution for error 1935.
I tried it out on my LEGAL version and on a downloaded version of the game of a friend and it worked for both as they had the same problem.
Of course I can not guarantee it will work with your illegal version.

But it work ONLY for people getting an error with the following statements:

Error 1935. an error occurred during the installation of assembly.
Microsoft.MSXML2, publickeyToken=" somenumbersandletters ",
version="number" type="win32", processorArchitecture="letter-number"
HRESULT=somecode(letters/number)

First check this: go to your system32-folder in the Windows-folder on your local HD and find the file msxml4.dll. Right click it and check out the version. It has to be 4.20.9839.0 If it IS this version, then you have some other problem and please DO NOT read any further. It WON'T help you and will waste your time.
Otherwise you can read on.

What you need to do is: go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en
and download MSXML Core Services 4.0 SP2 or, if the link doesn't work: Microsoft Support/Downloads and search for MSXML Core Services 4.0 SP2

After downloading and installing launch your FSX install again. If I'm right there should not occure an error and the installation will complete successfully. If installation still gives an error, you can try unistalling AdWatch and/or Nero. But I doubt that will work.

If you still have questions about what you should do, you can ask me

Guys,

This is my first post on this subject. Here's what I've tried with my LEGAL copy of FSX:

First time install:
Just installed everything as I would normally, everything went ok until reaching 100% when the 1935 error message showed up and installation rolled back.

Second time install:
Updated the MSXML 4.0 SP2 with the exec on DVD#2. Tried again and the same result (error 1935).

Third time install:
Ran Msconfig, disabled all non MS services and ALL startup programs. Tried again and again the same 1935 error. Also disabled windows Firewall as someone said it could solve the problem.

I don't have Ad-watch or Neros installed on my computer. My dad who bought me the sim as where I live I don't have it available sent me the box on mail but before he tried to install it just to avoid the problems I'm having and unnecessary devolutions, he said (before shipping it to me) it installed flawlessly.

I'm running out of options and I can't get a straight answer from MSDN. Each installation takes around 40minutes to complete and I'm loosing my patience with this, I never had this amount of problems installing any software I have owned. Can anyone help me?

regards,

Pedro

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

Dear Pedro,

Let me tell you what went wrong with your FSX.
You said your dad bought it for you and installed it on his computer first.
Now you want to install the game and of course it won't work. This is because of Microsoft's Security and Anti-Piracy Policy.

You buy the game and at it's first installation the next thing happens: the software logs down your system's hardware as it is and saves it. This log is merged together with your ID of the game, of that specific DVD and sent to Microsoft. So if you install the game on another computer, which has other system hardware, the game won't work or install right.
As far as I know, the game won't activate so I don't know exactly why you are getting errors during installation. Maybe I'm wrong and it won't even install...

So the fact that your dad already installed the game would make it impossible for you to activate the game, at least on another computer than your dad's.

Could you just specify the exact error message for me so I can know what to search for in my archives. Thank You.

deoshermes wrote:

I tried it out on my LEGAL version and on a downloaded version of the game of a friend and it worked for both as they had the same problem.

First check this: go to your system32-folder in the Windows-folder on your local HD and find the file msxml4.dll. Right click it and check out the version. It has to be 4.20.9839.0 If it IS this version, then you have some other problem and please DO NOT read any further. It WON'T help you and will waste your time.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en
and download MSXML Core Services 4.0 SP2 or, if the link doesn't work: Microsoft Support/Downloads and search for MSXML Core Services 4.0 SP2

After downloading and installing launch your FSX install again. If I'm right there should not occure an error and the installation will complete successfully. If installation still gives an error, you can try unistalling AdWatch and/or Nero. But I doubt that will work.

I'll try this but when you install the msxml.msi it still gives me a version different then then one you post.

my version after downloading from that link is: 4.20.9818.0

I'll test it now

deoshermes wrote:

Dear Pedro,

Let me tell you what went wrong with your FSX.
You said your dad bought it for you and installed it on his computer first.
Now you want to install the game and of course it won't work. This is because of Microsoft's Security and Anti-Piracy Policy.

You buy the game and at it's first installation the next thing happens: the software logs down your system's hardware as it is and saves it. This log is merged together with your ID of the game, of that specific DVD and sent to Microsoft. So if you install the game on another computer, which has other system hardware, the game won't work or install right.
As far as I know, the game won't activate so I don't know exactly why you are getting errors during installation. Maybe I'm wrong and it won't even install...

So the fact that your dad already installed the game would make it impossible for you to activate the game, at least on another computer than your dad's.

Could you just specify the exact error message for me so I can know what to search for in my archives. Thank You.

How so?? That sounds like some advanced Anti-Pirating technique that sounds 100% wrong no offense. YOu can use your software on two different computers just not at the same time.

Are you saying that if you install your software on a PC and that pc dies you can't install that software on another PC?

Cause thats false.

This is the link you want for the newest XML

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=961f3c95-ec4e-4561-ab27-b3180e9139c5&displaylang=en

The other one just gives you 9818 again.

word

Dear deoshermes,

AFAIK my dad didn't activate the game or anyhting, I asked him to try and install the sim because I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything wrong with them as it would be difficult for me to mail it back to him and ask for a return. Maybe it was a stupid idea but still that's what I did. And MS won't be harmed because I'm sure he uninstalled the whole thing right away (he doesn't care too much about flight sims 😉 ) .

Anyway, the problem happens before activation (and besides I wasn't conected to the internet at the time I installed). The problem is what everyone else in this thread is stating (error 1935). The only difference is that I tried pretty much everything and nothing works.

PS: People wander about this being some kind of copy protection, I think it isn't because from what I've read it also happens with other MS freeware, like .NET framework. Besides there's the activation thing. I never got to that because installation hangs BEFORE letting me activate the product.

Pedro

The Installation problems WILL be FIXED i called microsoft because of installation problems and they said they are getting HUNDREDS of calls about this problem, It's a glitch and they are working on a patch, they said they will put it on there website when it's out.

Flyboy92

Just saw this on another thread, maybe there's a hope after all.

Pedro

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

Hmm... I think I can't help you with that kind of trouble, as I wrote before. There could be some other problem with .NET indeed but that might be solved by installing the game in SafeMode. (Only if you are able to do that)
I had the same error with an illegal copy of the game and after I put things straight it worked.

Seen the fact your version is different, even after updating, something else must be wrong so that you can not update it to the proper version.
Just a question: your Windows is Legal and you have fully SP1, SP2 and their latest updates installed??

Please pass me the exact error message you get so I can look more specific with it. Thank You

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

The Installation problems WILL be FIXED i called microsoft because of installation problems and they said they are getting HUNDREDS of calls about this problem, It's a glitch and they are working on a patch, they said they will put it on there website when it's out.

Flyboy92

Just saw this on another thread, maybe there's a hope after all.

Pedro

I hope it for you. But are they getting the same error?

deoshermes,

The problem I have is exactly what you wrote on a previous post (see quote).

I have a legal copy of Windows XP Home with SP2 installed and all updates (security and otherwise). I'm not allowed to have pirate software on my laptop because I use it for work and it's company policy.

Pedro

Installing in safe mode didn't work.

After installing the new msxml4.dll it gave me a new exciting error.

Since I'm on media center I'm trying the media center cut out coredll or whatever fix.

Lets see

BTW this is a pirated version... I will buy the new version but I don't get paid till next thursday and I want to see how it runs before spending 60 bucks and then money on a joystick

Ok moving mscoree.dll to desktop didn't work either.

I don't really know what to do next.

I don't really wanna disable all other things under msconfig

Found this suggestion. Testing:

OK Peoples I got it working but it a bit of messin around, this only applies to the 1935 error, following these step to get it going.

1. install until the error at around 99% do not push ok

2., Go to Program Files\Microsft games\Microsoft flight simulator x and copy the whole folder (FSX)to somewhere else.

3. Press the ok on the error and let it uninstall.

4. Install FSXdemo.

5. Copy all the files in its path (not the folders)except the FXS.EXE file to the Flight sim X directory that you saved.

6. Run the game and skip the registration.

7. The patch is no longer needed the game runs fine without it.

Just finished testing the above and it worked

what do you mean by copy all folders in its path?

WOW, I tested that and it worked... 🙂 When I copied the 100% installed FSX when the error message showed I tried to run it before installing the demo. It didn't run and th error showed was MSXML4 SP2 not installed, but I do have it installed.

Well, anyway I installed the demo, copied the files and it went through to the activation screen... I'm happy.

But then a unexpected side effect, I have all the planes from the full version, missions, etc. but I noticed when it rebuilt the scenery database it was strangely fast. And now I know why, I only have scenery and airports around the Caribbean area. Can anyone help me with this new problem?

Pedro

Anonymous wrote:

WOW, I tested that and it worked... 🙂 When I copied the 100% installed FSX when the error message showed I tried to run it before installing the demo. It didn't run and th error showed was MSXML4 SP2 not installed, but I do have it installed.

Well, anyway I installed the demo, copied the files and it went through to the activation screen... I'm happy.

But then a unexpected side effect, I have all the planes from the full version, missions, etc. but I noticed when it rebuilt the scenery database it was strangely fast. And now I know why, I only have scenery and airports around the Caribbean area. Can anyone help me with this new problem?

Pedro

Yea I think you need to install the scenery which I decided wasn't worth it since you manually have to update 800 frickin files.....You can update the scenery under settings

I'm not sure if the time limit is on there either. I might just buy the darn game 😉

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Pedro

Yea I think you need to install the scenery which I decided wasn't worth it since you manually have to update 800 frickin files.....You can update the scenery under settings

I'm not sure if the time limit is on there either. I might just buy the darn game 😉

Oh Yea I didn't have time to test this but I think you DON'T wanna copy the scenery.CFG (I think its .cfg) file from the demo over. I think by doing this you are going to get stuck with just the random crap scenery.

I'll test it now

mfd78 Guest

This is what I did...

I found this solution on another site and it worked for me.

4. restart windows
5. install FSX
6. IT WORKS!

Hope it works for you - only took me about 5 hours of work to figure that out.

mfd78 wrote:

This is what I did...

I found this solution on another site and it worked for me.

4. restart windows
5. install FSX
6. IT WORKS!

Hope it works for you - only took me about 5 hours of work to figure that out.

Isn't disabling all services not good. Can't that keep your computer from booting? I'm not sure thats the right thing to do. Did you reboot in safe mode?

Figured it out.

Man that was a crazy solution but it worked great.

1 - Install FSX as you would normally.

2 - When it gets to the error 1935 message, don't click OK.

3 - Copy the installed game folder (all of it) to another folder.

4 - Let the installation roll back.

When I tried to execute the game at this point, it came up a error message about MSXML4 SP2 not being installed.

5 - Install the FSX demo.

I didn't try to execute the game at this point, maybe it works I don't know.

6 - Copy all the files except the FSX.exe from the demo root folder to the one you previously copied the FSX installation.

7 - Run the game. It should work now.

If you have problems with missing scenery, find the scenery.cfg file on the FSX root folder and replace the one in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

If you're lucky as I am 🙂 you'll have a functioning FSX program. The question is, can you uninstall the demo? I didn't try it so I can't answer that right now.

Pedro

I have a solution.
i think this will be more easy than pedro´s solution

1-Before you install FSX, install the DirectX 9 found in the dvd

2-install FSX
3-When you get 1935 error, press ctrl-alt-del and close the installation.You don´t need to move the folder installation,let it in the same place
4-Copy the .dll files from crack.rar to FSX folder, if you have a razor1911 copy
5-Download this file : http://rapidshare.com/files/1085861/msxml4.manifest
this is the missing file of the installation, put it in the fsx folder
6-play the game

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!

sorry for my english, i´m from brazil

Pizani

Pro Member Trainee
Cooperjet Trainee

very crazy solution... as long as it works.
I still don't get why you people all get an error at the end of the installation. Something must be wrong with the Windows settings, therefor the file can not be recognized.
But if it works now, I'll stop my investigation.

Hi to everyone..I got the same install trouble, looking everywhere for a solution and triying everything nothing work..now finally I got it. I can see that the last post was 7 days ago. If anyone has still the problem, just ask and I will post my solution.
Cheers.

Twistx77 Guest

I Haven't find the solution can you tell me what worked for you?

Well done Pizani but wish it worked as yours.

when i pressed on Fsx.exe the launcher then i got a Scenery.cfg is missing and then i have to abort the game and it deletes everything from the Fsx folder 😞 anyone knows how to fix this? i even tryed to copy the Scenery.cgf from DVD 1 < microsoft games = Microsoft flight simulator X. Scenery.cgf and that didn't work either.

Hello all u people
Some days ago I found an easy solution..I ask to post here but someone deleted.
Still no solve to that bug about microsoft protection.
What I did is very the same as someone posted here.
1 - I install the game untill the error appears, then before I click on ok, I click rigth mouse button to "administrator of tasks" and click on " process" bar. Find the process called "IDRiver.exe" and " msiexec.exe and finish the process. The msx instalation windows will close.
2- From the msx demo intalled folder, find the file called " msxml4.manifest " and paste in the msx folder.
The game will work in full mode as complety installation.
Just register the game in the legal game or patch the copy game.
Hope this work for all those who still are trying to play this game.
It´s a beautifull game and scenaries. The game deserves to buy. I did.
Sorry for my english.
Salute to all.

Zabiziz Guest

This solution works for me!!
Thanks a lot Pizani!
Finally one solution that really works!

Zabiziz

Anonymous wrote:

I have a solution.

2-install FSX
3-When you get 1935 error, press ctrl-alt-del and close the installation.You don´t need to move the folder installation,let it in the same place
4-Copy the .dll files from crack.rar to FSX folder, if you have a razor1911 copy
6-play the game

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!

Pizani

skajdog Guest

Hi
i tried this sullotion... just want to tell you it dossen`t work for everyone, still got the same problem and can´t start the game...

tested ...
I have a solution.

2-install FSX
6-play the game

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!

Pizani Mad Mad Mad

^^^^ that worked but when you try to install something else that uses installsheild it wound install until it rolls back..

Guest Guest

install the game, when the 1935 problem appears dont do ok copy the folder in other directory when finish press ok then open the dvd 2 search for a file called msxml and install it after all this ull be able to run the game

Do anyone know or seen anywhere if Microsoft will effectively solve this problem? I can run FSX using the methods described but:

- My registry entries are incorrect and so I can't use some addons (World of AI).
- I don't have uninstall options so if I need to uninstall it will leave a lot of unwanted files behind.
- I can't help feelling like I have a half finished installation.

Pedro

tEAm4za Guest

deoshermes wrote:

😉

could you possibly help me with which file to download at the microsoft website link u sed thanks

tEAm4za Guest

holy crap, i finally finished, this game gives me the shit installing it. much harder than FS9 Mad

tEAm4za Guest

please help me, i've finished installing FSX but when i start it, it says that the MSXML4 SP2 component has not been installed

Raider-rafc Guest

After numerous attempts finally got it installed, it works fine although one problem => No scenery! Crying or Very sad

Me too.

Got it installed Pizani's way.

But now i get the following Error(s):

"Scenery.cfg file Error. Local scenery directory (Scenery\World\SCENERY) in scenery Area.001 not found"

And "... (Scenery\EURW\SCENERY)in... Area.103 not found"

By adding those 2 subdirectories (empty) i made the error disappear but still no scenery/terrain but Airports (run and taxiways + airportbuildings)

The rest of the world is heavenly blue. The only way to differ land and Sky are the clouds...

Quite boring flying this way... *g*

Any solutions?

Pro Member Trainee
Older Trainee

I had the same installation woes until I found that decryption program DVD43 was the culprit. Worth stopping decryption programs before installing any game from a DVD!

Metzel Guest

Mhm i´ve tried EVERYTHING posted here.....nothing works.....now i will reinstall my windows...... xD

Well, just tried it on a CLEAN Vista install, same Error as under XP (1935).

Seems to be a hardware/driver issue then

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Well, just tried it on a CLEAN Vista install, same Error as under XP (1935).

Seems to be a hardware/driver issue then

Your loading it on a Vista beta?
Beta means beta, it isn't ready for everything to work.

Be sure if you try this that you have the OS that it needs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839547

Radar

MeTzeL Guest

Mhm, are there any other ways to get installed fsx?
And i dont know why i hav the 1935 error, do i need dotnetfx 1, 1.1 or 2?? I hear about many fixed, patches....installed them, but everytime the same -_-

The error 1935 is caused by what?

Sir Zee Guest

Hey folks!

The following worked me well perfectly (error 1935 appeared):
(Worked with Razor crack on Vista Final)

1. Install game, but DONT PRESS 'OK' WHEN THE ERROR WINDOW COMES UP!!!

2. Copy the whole directory (root\Pro Files\MS Games\ MS FSX by default) to a new location
(after that, you might press OK to let it uninstall)

3. Get 'msxml4.manifest' file from [url]http://rapidshare.com/files/1085861/msxml4.manifest[/url] (big thx to
skajdog) and copy to the new root (overwrite as necessary)

Now it should work!
If not, try the followings:

4. You could install Razor's 3 cracked dlls, even if you have an original version

5. Install the demo version

I did all the steps above and worked. Pls send your experiences if you were successful without any of the 2 last steps, or if you find any annoyances.

Guest Guest

If you like me did not download the Repack dvd 1 and get the 1935 ERROR
download this file and extract to the flight simulator folder where you have the game installed
and run FSX_DVD1_fixer this really works instructions included in file
http://rapidshare.com/files/4543865/FSXFix.rar

I can't take any credit for this just confirming it works

pepffly Guest

Guest wrote:

If you like me did not download the Repack dvd 1 and get the 1935 ERROR
download this file and extract to the flight simulator folder where you have the game installed
and run FSX_DVD1_fixer this really works instructions included in file
http://rapidshare.com/files/4543865/FSXFix.rar

I can't take any credit for this just confirming it works

Thanks but I need a pasword to unzip.

Guest Guest

Password for above file is 307898398

MeTzeL Guest

I have a VERY EASY SOLUTION !!!!

Install game until the error, do nothing!
plug off your power cable and restart. fsx is installed and should work.
you may have to install the msxml things....or he asks that you have to reinstall directx9, do this if needed.

c-los Guest

installing and renaming folder at the error message. Then applying the FSXfix and razor9111 crack worked just fine for me. Direct X 9.0c needed first. 😀

Sir Zee wrote:

Hey folks!

The following worked me well perfectly (error 1935 appeared):
(Worked with Razor crack on Vista Final)

1. Install game, but DONT PRESS 'OK' WHEN THE ERROR WINDOW COMES UP!!!

2. Copy the whole directory (root\Pro Files\MS Games\ MS FSX by default) to a new location
(after that, you might press OK to let it uninstall)

3. Get 'msxml4.manifest' file from http://rapidshare.com/files/1085861/msxml4.manifest (big thx to
skajdog) and copy to the new root (overwrite as necessary)

Now it should work!
If not, try the followings:

4. You could install Razor's 3 cracked dlls, even if you have an original version

5. Install the demo version

I did all the steps above and worked. Pls send your experiences if you were successful without any of the 2 last steps, or if you find any annoyances.

dude2wr4535353 Guest

Anonymous wrote:

I have a solution.

2-install FSX
6-play the game

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!

Pizani

ty ty ty works. months later still works. when the error comes, don't click on. kill the installation from the task manager. copy the manifest file, start FS, close it, cycle the computer with the power line - don't shut it down normally because that might force a rollback. boot it again and enjoy

Picolo18 Guest

Hello, i have donwloaded the razor9111 DLL but i can't use the multiplayer menu (there are many problems like can't host a session or join a session...) So, someone could host a session in multiplayer, at least one time ?? and How ?
Thanks.

PS : Sorry for my bad english....

joabac Guest

when the 1935 error apear, open the procces viewr and kill all the proces realted with the installation.
download the msxml4 SP2 from the micrsoft page and install it.

then open the note pad and copy this into it:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>
<assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2' version='4.20.9818.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2R' version='4.1.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

save the document as " msxml4.manifest " and paste him into the FX folder, then the FX mast run , it works to me, i hope it works to you.

dshakes Guest

Actually what worked for me was a combination of the above

First Installed FSX and killed installation (IDirver and IDriverT and msiexec) when error appeared

1) Renamed Folder
2) Installed FSX DVD1 Fixer
3) Installed Razor111
4) Installed msxml (Asked to fix bad FSX Installation to continue)

After all these still the game did not load

I created the file msxml4.manifest by creating a text file and copying the following data in it

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>
<assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2' version='4.20.9818.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2R' version='4.1.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

(Thanx to the previous Poster)

The Game loaded but a "scenery.cfg" error appeared

Renamed the Folder to the original "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" name

The game loaded perfectly (except for a scenery loading error, which was not fatal)

just a Guest Guest

We all know that m$ products fail all the time, yet ya still complain. Download the demo, if it works good, if ya downloaded a full version on the net, and it dont work, well then dont piss and moan!!! if ya bought this then do what ya always do, go to flightsim x's website and read what there fix's are, if they heared alot about this error with legit copys, then ok, if not then duh you downloaded it from the net. if your asking anywhere else but from the creators of the game then im 100% positive you downloaded it from the net. since this error only occures with downloaded copys. I bought it and i didnt get the error, I made a backup of my original, and tried that, i got the error.

Charger Guest

If anyones intrested i found a way to fix the broken Razor1911 CD 1 Iso file

i could write a guide...

gonk Guest

Ye HAH!!! Well I have finally been able to install FSX on my machine after 2 weeks of trial and error plus surfing the net. My O/S is vista 32 ultimate....

I would always get that 1935 error at the start and at the end of installation... (Real M$ disks) which causedthe game to roll back. Plus I also got that same error for the demo.. Other symptoms was when I tried to install msxml.msi from Disk 2, it too would fail to load. If this sounds like you ... This might be the fix you have been waiting for.... I can not take the credit as I found this on another vista problem site, which are springing up faster than an old man on Viagra.

Give this a whirl..

1. Open an Administrator command prompt by clicking on Start -> All
Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt then right click selecting "Run as Administrator" and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
2. In the command prompt, type the command below
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
(This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
appropriately)
3. Reboot the machine

After the reboot I tested it by installing msxml.msi from disk 2 and it worked fine... Next I tried to install FSX..... and it worked perfectly...

I hope this helps a few more frustrated vista users....good luck.

Naailyo Guest

service pack 1 has been released but how do we install it now because it tells us we must have flight simulator x installed. and we shift the folder when we get that error 1935 and it doesn't install properly. there must be someway of getting it to recognise that it is on the computer.

any ideas??

Naailyo Guest

to install this if you have the 1935 error.

1. install as normal in the microsoft games folder and when you get the 1935 error. plug off power cable and switch on your computer again.

2. Install the service pack 1 update it should work well it did for me. i get 1 error which i just ignore somefin bout " c:\config.msi\PT16B.tmp. just ignore this error the patch still works.

Service Pack 1 link:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1950/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1/

Start up the game u will need the "msxml4.manifest" to put into the fsx folder from the demo version to do it. if you need this email me or download nd install the demo version.

Email: naail@btinternet.com

Still working on activating it. the razor 911 crack doesnt work on sp1.
Maybe someone out there will create a crack for this now.
GOOD LUCK!

csorsz Guest

I have installed the msxml.msi, but the version number is still 4.20.9818.0
What must I do?

The Easy Answer Guest

When the window shows publishing product indormation text, before that error comes, close the computer. after you restart, you will find the program installed. Don't let the error come, shut down the computer early!

Fuzzy9001 Guest

hey everyone iv'e been having trouble with Microsoft flight simulator x installation so far at the end on my second time of trying to install it it went publishing product sofware then it came up with this error: Error1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publiKeyTokem= "6bd6b9abf345378f",version= "4.1.0.0" ,type="win32",processorArvhitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.
i don't understand any of this but when i pressed ok it started rolling back the action and it was stopping rolling it back. P.S i am writing this while it is still rolling back

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...