Cold and Dark Cockpit

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Cold and Dark Cockpit

File Description:
This file is a replacement for FS X's default situation file, giving you a cold and dark cockpit, everything switched off and fuel tanks empty, on each single flight created by the "free flight" screen on startup.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/

Radar

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

👍

I'm sure it'll be asked about fairly soon.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Thanks for this! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
dkim17 Trainee

thank you very much

Pro Member Trainee
Elite0259 Trainee

is it controlable, like can i turn if on and off whenever i want?

gazpode_l Guest

I started using this myself last night, and as the CRJ-700 is a plane running solely on display screens, I thought switching on the APU would boot my screens...NOPE! NOTHING!

any key i should be pressing to switch something else "ON" as I had turned everything on...(or so I thought!)

Patriot_JAX Guest

gazpode, the CRJ apparently doesn't have a panel switch anywhere (if so I couldn't find it) for the avionics master control. After checking FSX button control listing, there also isn't a default key mapping for this either. I had to map the "avionics master" to a key on my joystick.

Once you do this, you can

1. Turn on the batter switch from the overhead panel
- This will give you electrical power.
- If your batteries die, I'm guessing you can activate APU GEN and start APU for power.
2. Hit the avionics master switch (whatever you mapped)

Your screens should now come on.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

I installed this and FSX crashed 😞 Had to uninstall it..

~Sno0ze

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I have downloaded the replacement for FSX situation file and it is excellent. I save the flight with the ignition switch in the off position.
However,if you change the aircraft to another it is cold and dark but the ignition switch is on. I realise that this is a minor thing and that it is easy to turn the switch off but does anyone know how to have the aircraft load with the switch off?

🙂 Simmy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

I have downloaded the replacement for FSX situation file and it is excellent. I save the flight with the ignition switch in the off position.
However,if you change the aircraft to another it is cold and dark but the ignition switch is on. I realise that this is a minor thing and that it is easy to turn the switch off but does anyone know how to have the aircraft load with the switch off?

🙂 Simmy

Without that file the procedure is as follows:

Turn off your engines and save the flight. Use the "Make this my default flight" option.
The next time you load a flight (click on load which will take you to your saved flights), select that flight by double-clicking on it. That (new) default flight will now load with engines and switches off. Now you can select (change to) another aircraft and the engines and switches will still be off.

I suspect that this might not work when changing from just any a/c to just any a/c, as some a/c have more switches to be used in the start up/shut down sequences than others.

With that file - I do not know as I'm not using it. There is this in the Readme file however:

REMEMBER: You don't need to perform all the two methods described above, but you should select one of them. The "hard" version is easier to perform, but the "soft" version gives you more flexibility.

It might be worthwhile to go through the whole Readme again Idea

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Many thanks Tailhook

🙂 Simmy

Pro Member Trainee
gmphap1 Trainee

why would you want the fuel tanks emty?

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

i dont know i would hope all planes fule tanks ar full to the top! 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

puppy-paw wrote:

i dont know i would hope all planes fule tanks ar full to the top! 😂

Or at least with SOME fuel in them so that you can taxi to the refueling station and fuel up there.

The empty fuel tanks are the reason that I have not downloaded this. Maybe my worry isn't warranted because maybe the addon provides enough "energy" to get you started and taxiing to the refuling. I don't know. Doesn't sound very fun sitting on the tarmac with no avgas.

FockWulfe Guest

Usually, I just set up my flight, start it, kill the engines and everything else, then save the flight so I can start out cold and dark. Works for me.

Pro Member Trainee
cheapcharlie Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Cold and Dark Cockpit

File Description:
This file is a replacement for FS X's default situation file, giving you a cold and dark cockpit, everything switched off and fuel tanks empty, on each single flight created by the "free flight" screen on startup.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/

Radar

I have installed this using the pro wizard successfully. But how do i start the plane cold? there isnt that option from the fsx drop down window

Ahmad356 Guest

Whenever I try to spawn at any airport, fsx tells me it couldn't spawn me there, so it spawns me in the air WITH THE ENGINES OFF, NO FUEL AND NO AVIONICS.
I can't seem to find a fix for this, so does anyone actually have the original fltsim.flt file? because I didn't make a back up of it.
Or if you guys found a fix then maybe email it to me or something.
Thanks guys.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...