Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Cold and Dark Cockpit

RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:35 pm 

Cold and Dark Cockpit

File Description:
This file is a replacement for FS X's default situation file, giving you a cold and dark cockpit, everything switched off and fuel tanks empty, on each single flight created by the "free flight" screen on startup.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/

Radar

99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:03 am 

Thumbs Up!

I'm sure it'll be asked about fairly soon.
Click below to support FSF:
mattdean
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 am 

Thanks for this! Smile
dkim17
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:59 am 

thank you very much
Elite0259
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:03 pm 

is it controlable, like can i turn if on and off whenever i want?
gazpode_l

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:52 pm 

I started using this myself last night, and as the CRJ-700 is a plane running solely on display screens, I thought switching on the APU would boot my screens...NOPE! NOTHING!

any key i should be pressing to switch something else "ON" as I had turned everything on...(or so I thought!)
Patriot_JAX

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:14 pm 

gazpode, the CRJ apparently doesn't have a panel switch anywhere (if so I couldn't find it) for the avionics master control. After checking FSX button control listing, there also isn't a default key mapping for this either. I had to map the "avionics master" to a key on my joystick.

Once you do this, you can

1. Turn on the batter switch from the overhead panel
- This will give you electrical power.
- If your batteries die, I'm guessing you can activate APU GEN and start APU for power.
2. Hit the avionics master switch (whatever you mapped)

Your screens should now come on.
Sno0ze
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:13 am 

I installed this and FSX crashed Sad Had to uninstall it..

~Sno0ze
Simmy
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:32 pm 

I have downloaded the replacement for FSX situation file and it is excellent. I save the flight with the ignition switch in the off position.
However,if you change the aircraft to another it is cold and dark but the ignition switch is on. I realise that this is a minor thing and that it is easy to turn the switch off but does anyone know how to have the aircraft load with the switch off?

Smile Simmy
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:54 am 

Simmy wrote:
I have downloaded the replacement for FSX situation file and it is excellent. I save the flight with the ignition switch in the off position.
However,if you change the aircraft to another it is cold and dark but the ignition switch is on. I realise that this is a minor thing and that it is easy to turn the switch off but does anyone know how to have the aircraft load with the switch off?

Smile Simmy

Without that file the procedure is as follows:

Turn off your engines and save the flight. Use the "Make this my default flight" option.
The next time you load a flight (click on load which will take you to your saved flights), select that flight by double-clicking on it. That (new) default flight will now load with engines and switches off. Now you can select (change to) another aircraft and the engines and switches will still be off.

I suspect that this might not work when changing from just any a/c to just any a/c, as some a/c have more switches to be used in the start up/shut down sequences than others.

With that file - I do not know as I'm not using it. There is this in the Readme file however:

REMEMBER: You don't need to perform all the two methods described above, but you should select one of them. The "hard" version is easier to perform, but the "soft" version gives you more flexibility.

It might be worthwhile to go through the whole Readme again Idea
Simmy
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:21 pm 

Many thanks Tailhook

Smile Simmy
gmphap1
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:40 pm 

why would you want the fuel tanks emty?
puppy-paw
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:20 pm 

i dont know i would hope all planes fule tanks ar full to the top! Laughing
I am just here to help and you can take it or just walk away. Live your life to the full and go were your heart takes you!
totallyfrozen
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:42 pm 

puppy-paw wrote:
i dont know i would hope all planes fule tanks ar full to the top! Laughing
Or at least with SOME fuel in them so that you can taxi to the refueling station and fuel up there.

The empty fuel tanks are the reason that I have not downloaded this. Maybe my worry isn't warranted because maybe the addon provides enough "energy" to get you started and taxiing to the refuling. I don't know. Doesn't sound very fun sitting on the tarmac with no avgas.
Bats: The original IFR pilots!
FockWulfe

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 pm 

Usually, I just set up my flight, start it, kill the engines and everything else, then save the flight so I can start out cold and dark. Works for me.
cheapcharlie
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 am 

RadarMan wrote:
Cold and Dark Cockpit

File Description:
This file is a replacement for FS X's default situation file, giving you a cold and dark cockpit, everything switched off and fuel tanks empty, on each single flight created by the "free flight" screen on startup.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/

Radar

I have installed this using the pro wizard successfully. But how do i start the plane cold? there isnt that option from the fsx drop down window
Ahmad356

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am 

Whenever I try to spawn at any airport, fsx tells me it couldn't spawn me there, so it spawns me in the air WITH THE ENGINES OFF, NO FUEL AND NO AVIONICS.
I can't seem to find a fix for this, so does anyone actually have the original fltsim.flt file? because I didn't make a back up of it.
Or if you guys found a fix then maybe email it to me or something.
Thanks guys.