A Few Question From A New FS9 Player

Hello everybody.

I'm new to the flight simulator stuff, but I have caught on quickly. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

When I download repaints, I don't understand how I copy the text in the "read me" into the aircraft.cfg file.

Now let's say that I found out how to get the repaint on. So now, for instance, I downloaded an American 744. Now let's say I'm at O'Hare. Is there a chance that I'll see a AA 744 in the AI traffic or not?

Those are the only two questions I can think of now. I'll post more if I think of them.

You can e-mail me from my website: www.alexweb.net/kregsaviation

Thanks,
Kreg A.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Install textures.

The AI aircraft in FS9 have names that don't exist. MS would have to pay to much to get them so the sims price would go up.
You can buy or get free programs that will install them.

Radar

Thank you, oh, and another thing is how do I set up the multiplayer??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

But when I try to open the aircraft.cfg file, it says:

Windows cannot open this file

File: aircraft.cfg

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online and look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

Then it asks you which you want to choose.

Please e-mail if you have a long explaination. kreg94(at)rea-alp(dot)com

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online and look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

Thanks

Choose notepad, we all do.

Radar

Guest Ed Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

I've never downloaded a texture, but I can answer this question! 😂

Open the .cfg file in Notepad, or any text editor. It's a text file.

Ed

Guest Ed Guest

Shoot, I'm too slow to beat RadarMan! 😉

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest Ed wrote:

Shoot, I'm too slow to beat RadarMan! 😉

Ed

😀 I usually loose!

Radar

Another question.

I just downloaded some aircraft. How would it be possible to see them as AI traffic? Also, are those classic planes (DH-88, Spirit of St Louis, DC-3, Piper Cub) used in AI traffic? I've never seen them at airports or in the sky before on FS.

Welshflyer Guest

Are the aircraft that you have downloaded flyable? If so you don't really want to use these as AI as they are created in far higher quality than AI aircraft and will give your frame rates a tremendous hit.There are programmes you can get especially for AI aircraft (such as AIA) that are designed to run at much better frame rates that you can get at Flightsim,Avsim and probably here at Flyaway.Another way is to get a payware product such as Traffic 2005 that will give you plenty of AI aircraft around your airports and loads it up for you,so you don't have to try to decifer loads of info(that i just can't understand) in the AI downloadable programmes.

Thanks!!

spuddi Guest

if you did want to add your aircraft to be AI you will need to get a program called traffic tools to make your flightplans. It's quite a bit of work but good to learn.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...