Help! Slow Frame Rate!!!

k_camacho11 Guest

I installed Flight Simulator X and it works fine, the ONLY problem is that the flame rate is horrible! Flight Simulator 2004 ran perfect for me, but now FSX is terribly slow! My system is more than compatible for this game. I tested my system performance, and FSX said it was excellent. I have over 3.5 GHZ, Pentium D, 1 GB RAM, 256 MB graphic card, etc. What can the problem be?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Go to options and turn the slider for water detail down.That should bring you to at least 40fps, maybe 50. 😉

k_camacho11 Guest

i put the graphics settings to Ultra High but the default frame rate is 20...how many do i put?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

25...You eye can't see more than 24-25 so anything more is overkill.

k_camacho11 Guest

Ok...because when it was under 20, the game was running terribly slow.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...