Views options in FSX

swilbraham Guest

Hi,
Sorry to bother ya all.
I was wondering how come on my view menu I only have 2 options. cockpit and aircraft.
The Tower view and spot plane view arent available on list?!
Any ideas?
Cheers in advance.
Si

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Did you try re-installing?

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

Press "Alt", then under "Views" click on "View Modes" to find a list of options that are:
Cockpit, Outside, Tower, Aircraft, Runway, Air Traffic.

Each of those has another menu. I have not tried all of them but I got an equivalent of Spot View by clicking on "Outside" and selecting "Locked Spot". The numeric keys "4" and "6" shift the view from side to side and the "5" key centers the view behind the plane. It would be nice if they told us about features like this - especially what's different from FS9 - although I admit I haven't looked at the PDF manual yet.

I miss being able to finely adjust my spot view height above (or below) the plane. My hat switch gives only large jumps in the view position.
Maybe someone else will discover more flexibility. I think there is a lot to learn! 🙄

Pete
PS: I bought this just last night after finding out on this site that FSX had been released and then finding it at a local Game Stop store (Ithaca, New York, USA). I've been wrestling with it ever since.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

Did you try re-installing?

That is truly the worst advice I have ever heard.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...