Does anyone have flight sim x deluxe?

FLIGHT SIMER Guest

I am not sure if it is really as great as they claim. Not sure if i want to buy it just yet. i already have flight sim 2004 should i change.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY ADVICE

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm waiting until Vista comes out and I get a more powerful computer. Microsoft should have a patch out for FSX by then. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

I'm waiting until Vista comes out and I get a more powerful computer. Microsoft should have a patch out for FSX by then. 🙂

ive heard nothing but bad things about VISTA......like if it detects your game is being Pirated it shuts your entire system down...... but thats just what ive heard

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

ive heard nothing but bad things about VISTA......like if it detects your game is being Pirated it shuts your entire system down...... but thats just what ive heard

Well you should'nt have pirated games in the first place now should you?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FLIGHT SIMER wrote:

I am not sure if it is really as great as they claim. Not sure if i want to buy it just yet. i already have flight sim 2004 should i change.

If you have a good computer, buy FSX. If you have one that still runs Windows 95, don't.
FSX like all new software takes a powerhouse to run at the max, or at least near it.
You can run it at medium with a nice gaming machine, not a top model.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

I only wish it would notify the police so software thieves could be arrested.

i have the deluxe version and as far as i can tell the main differences from the standard is it has 20 more missions and the ability the "share" an aircraft so another person could be copilot and do the comms etc... and you can either select being a pilot OR atc... which you cant do in standard...

hawk_345 Guest

I dont have FSx, but also te delux has the extra detailed airports and i think i heard some1 say it was the only evrsion compatable with windows vista and DX 10, but not sure if thats true or not.

hawk_345 Guest

hawk_345 wrote:

I dont have FSx, but also te delux has the extra detailed airports and i think i heard some1 say it was the only evrsion compatable with windows vista and DX 10, but not sure if thats true or not.

I also forgot to mention that Delux also features more aircraft, normal has 18, delux has 24.

flight simer Guest

thanks

i looked into the game and found out its spec. and asked around more and found out more things about flight sim x.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

And what does this useful thread do in the Downloads section? Wacko

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

And what does this useful thread do in the Downloads section? Wacko

And I am dieing to hear your definition of useful. 😂

g-kido Guest

Oh boy oh boy.

I have a copy of the deluxe edition and I recommend anyone who is not running the absolute business of a machine to not buy it until MS start releasing some type of performance patch. My system is as follows:

Athlon 4600 FX Dual Core CPU
4GB DDR 400 RAM
512mb Radeon XTX 1950 GFX card
Sound Blaster X-fi Elite Pro
Serial ATA 133 HDD

So you might agree the above system is not too bad (CPU lets it down a little bit) but otherwise extremely high spec (I will be crossfiring the GFX card...much to my wallet's dismay)......anyway, back with the program....

I have only managed to run it mostly at medium to high gfx with slight anti-aliasing.... and even then it can stutter in built up areas. Basically I dont think it is what is should be without a serious performance patch. Its either badly coded or rushed out the door or both in my experience. (Software tester for 7 years ;o) including Entertainment Software for well known firms).

So, best place to stand at the moment. I am still running my copy of FS2004. I run it in absolute full detail on everything, and overhaul the anti-aliasing to 6x and it looks absolutely fantastic. Yes it misses some of the features that FSX has, but it plays better has a smoother interface, not as buggy, shadows are rendered accurately and personally I think that the physics feel more accurate. There is a slight 'arcade' feeling with FSX that I dont particularly like.

So, I hope this helps your judgement when thinking of buying FSX. Bottom line, wait till MS do a decent FSX patch before buying if you ask me. Its certainly not worth all that money without it thats for sure.

Happy flying 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have FSX Deluxe and have been pulling my hair out. But, I'm making progress. Although I have an AMD 3800+, 2gig of DDR400, 500gig of HD space, a 256Mb AGP card, CH Yoke & Rudder Pedals - I found I have to keep the settings down low to have things work reliably. I write this following my trials and errors this 29 Dec 2006 morning!

Pro Member Trainee
Stan Carpenter (Rafman) Trainee

Well I think it's great!! mind you I'm running a intel Pentium 4 3392MHz with a Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 2048MB Memory Windows XP and the display card has 1024MB all this coupled with Matrox Triplehead2GO which make all the difference. All the slides are turned up full and it runs very well.........My Christmas Holiday was great. Rafman 😂

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

Rafman wrote:

Well I think it's great!! mind you I'm running a intel Pentium 4 3392MHz with a Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 2048MB Memory Windows XP and the display card has 1024MB all this coupled with Matrox Triplehead2GO which make all the difference. All the slides are turned up full and it runs very well.........My Christmas Holiday was great. Rafman 😂

This is good news for me. I am just waiting for a new base unit. Intel chip that should run at 3.5ghz clocked 2gb ram and quad board with two 7950 512mb cards . Two 320gb sata.
It may run better than I thought?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Although the Deluxe Edition might carry more aircraft, you can always refer to FS2004 and some FS2002 for Downloadable Aircrafts. So to me it really doesn't make a difference: I just want to spool up the frame rate and add more ground and air traffic.

Tomvaillencourt Guest

I had to buy a new system to run it. Windows XP pro, Intel core two duo, 2GB ram and Nvidia 7300 LE, Game works great with all features at 100% and autogen set to "normal". "Ultra high" Setting worked fine, but 2GB of RAM would get used up too quickly. Luckily I have room for two more ram chips! PS I hear VISTA is supposed to blow big time.... I'll Stick with windows, and pull my Microsoft stocks out now.

armydust Guest

I got Athlon ddr400+ 2gig of ram with a geforce 7600 graphics card, fsx delux runs ok, lots of errors i have found with some of the aorports, ie not realistic or nothing like fs9... abit depressing as most these airports i like to fly from and they are nothing like it!

I think it depends what you want, i am not overly impressed, and i am thinking in a way i am missing fs9 and wondering wether to reinstall it!

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Tomvaillencourt wrote:

I had to buy a new system to run it. Windows XP pro, Intel core two duo, 2GB ram and Nvidia 7300 LE, Game works great with all features at 100% and autogen set to "normal". "Ultra high" Setting worked fine, but 2GB of RAM would get used up too quickly. Luckily I have room for two more ram chips! PS I hear VISTA is supposed to blow big time.... I'll Stick with windows, and pull my Microsoft stocks out now.

Don't believe all you hear

I've been using Vista for a month now on my games pc and even using a beta driver from NVidia, the performance is great

Much smoother all round experience than with XP

CrashGordon wrote:

I only wish it would notify the police so software thieves could be arrested.

just use your internet phone that is running on your microsoft based computer and goes through the phone company's microsoft based computers or your windows mobile cell phone to call the police operator who uses their microsoft based computer to dispatch an officer who receives the request on the microsoft based laptop in the car to report them

Pro Member Trainee
lbierre Trainee

FLIGHT SIMER wrote:

i run 2 gigs of RAM, and a DURON 64, the scenery loads slowly on the FSX version, i figure i need more horsepower. a crash means a wait of a minute or more before i can go again.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

GET IT!!!!!!!! it that easy 😀 😀

CRJCapt wrote:

I think you will be sorry if you get Vista. Too many bugs in it. Just get a faster PC with a good video card. FSX is great.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...