Gatwick/Newark

David Franks Guest

Hi All,

While I of course am growing to love FSX there are a couple of things that disappoint me with it.

One of those is that some of the major airports in the world look utterly dreadful.

I know that there is a limit to the number of high detail airports that can be included but I was bitterly disappointed to see London Gatwick and Liberty Airport in Newark were so basic looking.

I consider these two airports to be two of the worlds most busy and popular. I also thought Heathrow was a disappointment as well. The new control tower isn't there and there is no sign of terminal five either from what I could tell.

I know you can't expect all of London and New York's airports to be high detail but I was hoping for more than just Heathrow and JFK.

The other gripe I have is how to move the airbridges and fuel and baggage trucks. I haven't figured those out. I also haven't worked out if you can get a truck to assist in the pushback procedure. I hope someone can assist.

I'm not flaming the product here, I think its an astounding piece of software. I suppose in some ways, it depends on where you are in the world with regard to which airports you want to see in detail.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Key board commands, download and print it out.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

It's not the software it's your computer.
Take a look at some of the fantasic screenshots that our members have shot and you'll use your presant computer for a doorstop.
By the way mine isn't as good as yours, and I don't know what you have.

Radar

David Franks Guest

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21847/my-screenshot-attempts/

Well the screenshots in the above link are mine so i don't think there is a lot wrong with my computer.

I just wish that some of my favorite airports were less bland looking. Its not as though they're small airports either.

Here's hoping that there will be some nice add-ons out in future that'll take care of this for me. 😀

David Franks Guest

Thank you for posting the link to the keyboard commands. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

David Franks wrote:

Thank you for posting the link to the keyboard commands. 😉

Your very welcome and check out these screenshots.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22327/first-fsx-shots/

Radar

David Franks Guest

Wow, great shots there. 😀

Unfortunately I've been without my computer for the last week or so and am borrowing a friend's to post on here.

My hard drive suffered a complete failure. I'll have it back tomorrow though and I think I'll start to explore some of the more scenic and less built up areas in FSX. Those pics set a standard to aspire to.

(I still think Gatwick and Newark are disappointing though). 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...