Free Flight Problem

AkEminent Guest

I don't know why, but when I am in FREE FLIGHT no matter what I do... It won't shut off the Hawaiian Hana Mission. I am not in missions, I might be halfway around the world, I can't reset it, why? How do you erase all of that?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Does this continue after you shut down and restart FSX, or is it only if you end a mission and switch to free flight?

AkEminent Guest

this happens all the time, no matter what, i deleted all saved flights, re saved different ones, everything, i cant even erase flight plans, i am going to try to reland it and maybe it will complete it and erase itself but nothing is working, i've tried just about everything except for re-installing that, and since it took 4 hours to install it, i dont want to do that again, so im going to try to land it

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do not re-install. I can not imagine what caused it to take 4 hours to install.

Try this. Start FSX, go to free flight. Select EGLL fpr the airport, noon as the time of day and the Cessna 172 as your aircraft. Then select fly now. What happens?

Warwind Guest

I think I'm having the same problem as AkEminent. Whenever I'm in Free Flight, my mission briefing thinks I'm in "Tutorial 3: Finding Your Way".

CrashGordon, I used your flight settings, and when I hit SHIFT-F10 and click on Briefing, I always get the briefing for Tutorial 3. When I take off, the narrator says "Congratulations, you're flying the DC-3" no matter what plane I'm in, and I get the "Mission Complete" box.

It would be great if anyone had a solution to this... 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wish I had another idea, but since I don't fly the missions, I'm a poor candidate to solve this one. 😞

AkEminent Guest

I FIXED IT

i dont know how, and i dont know when but this is how i did it

i deleted all saved flights, messed around with that going inbetween missions and free flight, and lets just say that im going to never save a flight again, im only going to play missions outright and if i dont have time to finish im not going to finish. i waited a week or a few days or so and then it worked, im not saying that you have to wait, but maybe just restart your computer

Warwind Guest

I did the same thing; deleted all the saves, saved a new "default" flight, and now my Free Flights don't wind up in that mission anymore. Go figure! 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...