avsim

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

any one having trouble ? i click on downloads but they not coming on pc just the outr file with nothing isside it

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Come again?

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

when i click to download. insted of the download bar coming up it just takes me to the file but i cant click on it

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

any one having trouble ? i click on downloads but they not coming on pc just the outr file with nothing isside it

TRANSLATION: Is anyone having this problem? I click on downloads, but they do not appear on my PC. Only the zip file appears, but with no content.

Now that we understand the nature of your problem, could you please provide the full name of one of the files you had this problem with? I don't think anyone has the time to try downloading all the files on avsin.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Give me the file name and I'll link you to it.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Are you sure you are downloading them right?

I'm not being patronising it's just that it sounds like the file you want is corrupt.

If this is happening on every download from Avsim, it must be something going wrong at your end.

I doubt every file on Avsim would be corrupt unless their servers are going wrong or something like that.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

no matter what file they not working. i never hace had this problem before.

Pro Member Chief Captain

What part of providing an actual file name where this has happened is so difficult????????????????

We can't help you without confirming that the file is good, bad or ugly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

no matter what file they not working. i never hace had this problem before.

As mattdean said, there is probably something wrong at your end. What that could possibly be only the gods know unless you're more specific.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i typed 330 wingviews. clicked down load then the link at bottom of page as normal. but insted of the box with the downloading bar,it takes me to the file which is on pc and the file is empty

Last edited by kieranja on Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

dsf

😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

dsf

What does "dsf" mean?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

i typed 330 wingviews. clicked down load then the link at bottom of page as normal. but insted of the box with the downloading bar,it takes me to the file which is on pc and the file is empty

If you could be bothered to reveal the file name to us, your problem would be solved by now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

kieranja wrote:

At least give the words you did actually search for - I just typed 330 wingviews in at Avsim and it returns no files...

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

right type cardiff airport and try the first 1 that comes up

Pro Member Chief Captain

That zip file is perfectly fine. If you can't open it, the problem is at your end.

Pro Member Chief Captain

For the record, the file name which the original poster could bring himself to reveal is ffx_b732_cymru.zip

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

For the record, the file name which the original poster could bring himself to reveal is ffx_b732_cymru.zip

That's exactly the result I got but somehow I doubt that this is actually the file in question due to la di da vagueness.
Why does a simple query like this have to take up two pages?

I'm out of here. Amen.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

I've received empty zip files when I used to try downloading here on my dial-up connection. Even if it seemed to be downloading.

I've gotten the same files successfull when I go to my bother-in-laws and take advantage of his high speed connection.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Are you sure you selected "Save As" and not "Open" in the file download dialog box?

Usually, when you receive an empty file, it's because you opened it instead of saving it....a mistake easily made I must admit Wink

Not trying to offend you, but it is like with many things in life, sometime you get blind for things that are right in front of you Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...