Avsim links? How do I get them

Flightcheck Guest

Hey guys,
Like the amount of spam you have been getting (that being zero) makes the forums a better place to be.

Anyway onto my question.
How do I get the links to an avsim page?
I see in the forums people post links to go to a direct page, but when i try all i get in the adrees bar is www.avsim.com or something like that.

Is there somewhere I have to go to get the link?

Cheers,
Flightcheck

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Right click on the page, go to Properties at the bottom and copy and paste the URL shown.

😉

Flightcheck Guest

99jolegg wrote:

Right click on the page, go to Properties at the bottom and copy and paste the URL shown.

😉

Cheers 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Alternatively you can copy and past the page's address from your address bar. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

That's the problem, at least from my experience with IE and Firefox.
You only see www.avsim.com in the address bar, even if you're not on the home page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

You only see www.avsim.com in the address bar, even if you're not on the home page.

I think its how the site is built / made so it never appears in the address bar.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Hmmm Embarassed ....I hadnt notice this cause i use Maxthon for years.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

firefox: right click - show only this frame Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Flightcheck wrote:

How do I get the links to an avsim page?
I see in the forums people post links to go to a direct page, but when i try all i get in the adrees bar is www.avsim.com or something like that.

Is there somewhere I have to go to get the link?

Cheers,
Flightcheck

The way I read your question is that you want to access a file via the link that has been provided rather than posting a link yourself?

Whether you're using IE or Firefox is of no relevance here. If you haven't yet registered with AVSIM, you will only get as far as the registration- or sign-in page (obviously) regardless of the link.

AVSIM doesn't require you to 'log out' when you leave the site -- very handy because it saves you signing back in each time you revisit.

However... we should keep in mind that after having run CCleaner or anything else that cleans up the junk on our HDD, we most likely have to sign in again next time around unless we've changed the settings of our Cleaning Tool.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...