I have tried and tried to follow the directions on the forum about downloading new aircraft but none of them seem to have them same folders. If anyone can hlep me with getting to fly some new planes please do.
Not too certain what you mean.
Pick out a 2004 aircraft and press download or just click on it's name and the download should begin. You have to be signed in to do it and designate a place that you can find it after you are finished downloading it.
I have a folder (marked downloads) in "MY Briefcase" or you can just download it to desktop.
After that you just have to install it as the "read-me" that's included with practically every one (designers responsibility not ours).
If you have problems installing them we will be more than happy to assist.
Well the others are better at telling you how to do this but as I do not know what you are adding etc I will run you through the basics real quick. If another tells you I messed up some how believe them I probably forgot something.
This is how I install the planes.
1. Download to desktop, Unzip to Temp file, read the read mes and hope they make sense.
2. Back up your folders before you put anything new into them. IE gauge and effects folders.
3. Move from the temp file the folder with the aircraft in it (It can be in one or two files deep and should be labled with the airplane type, if you have one in your Aircraft folder already with the same name you can rename the new one without harm, IE PC12 to PC-12 Combi) to Your Drive Letter/program files/microsoft games/FS9/aircraft. The Aircraft folder has several folders in it, normaly the following: Model (model 1, model 2 in cases of simular planes), Panel, sound, texture (texture02 and texture test in cases of simular planes). Some peeps package gauges and effects into the aircraft folder. That is ok just follow the steps below but move the guages and effects from the Aircraft folder instead. It is ok if you do not have Guages or effects for some planes as they could be designed to use the games effects and gauges.
4. Guages should be taken out of the folder they are in and moved from temp to Your Drive Letter/program files/microsoft games/FS9/gauges. Some aircraft use the same gauges and you can elect to over write the old ones or not, I check to see if the new ones are the same and keep my old ones but that is personal preference.
5. Effects should be taken out of the folder they are in and moved from temp to Your Drive Letter/program files/microsoft games/FS9/effects. Some aircraft use the same effects and you can elect to over write the old ones or not, I check to see if the new ones are the same and keep my old ones but that is personal preference.
Remembered to back up your Gauges, and effects before installing a new aircraft.
Well it works for me! Good luck!
I downloaded an Eclipse Airbus the other day and when I went to try it out for an initial flight I found that it had a Cessna 172 panel! -Bizzare.
I wonder how or why so many of these addon A/C are so wacky?