A question about downloading aircraft to FSX

Pro Member Trainee
jimnols Trainee

when downloading aircraft into my files for FSX when i go into program files, i dont see a plce for certain aspects of the model i.e:, panels and plain old aircraft...i think i saw something about planes in the simobjects folder...is this where i put the entire plane or just the part that says the name of the plane and the rest i put in the folders like panel ,scenery,etc.
also do i open a seperate folder within the program files or add it to the corresponding folders...panel,scenery,etc.????? HELP PLEASE !!!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
hamhaw85 Trainee

Hey i'm a new member and when i download new aircraft, they don't show up as avialable in Flight sim x. What am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hamhaw85 wrote:

Hey i'm a new member and when i download new aircraft, they don't show up as avialable in Flight sim x. What am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Be sure that they are FSX not 2004 or just textures and look under the manufacturer's name, they can hide.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hamhaw85 Trainee

i did that. they are already downloaded to my computer, but how do i download them onto fsx?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

hamhaw85 wrote:

i did that. they are already downloaded to my computer, but how do i download them onto fsx?

Open the file you downloaded. Its probably a zipped file so extract it and read the README. It will tell you what to do. Basically, you copy the folder which contains the files (such as aircraft.cfg) into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hamhaw85 wrote:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...