737 reference

VREF - Landing Approach Speed gear down
90,000 lbs (flaps 30) 116 KIAS
90,000 lbs (flaps 40) 165 KIAS

180,000 lbs (flaps 30) 109 KIAS
180,000 (flaps 40) 157 KIAS

thats the reference it gives you and if you have full flaps you do you have to have a faster speed then when they are set at 10 degress less? also how do you find the weight of the aircraft when you are about to land, i clicked on the fuel and weight chart and i dont know which part to look at?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

I noticed that one too. They are quite simply wrong! This however, is more realistic although not sure if correct. I suspect they got the ones in red mixed up.

90,000 lbs (flaps 40) 165 KIAS

180,000 lbs (flaps 30) 109 KIAS

I reckon it should be

90,000 lbs (flaps 40) 109 KIAS

180,000 lbs (flaps 30) 165 KIAS

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

165 kias my Censored .. that's hella fast! not even 747's have that kind of approach speed...

Censored By Radar

well whats correct then?? how do you find out the weight?

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

145kts seems to do the trick for me with around 10% fuel, not sure of the weight.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Woah, yeah 165knt in a 737 sounds fine if you wanna leave a nice hole in the runway.

Otherwise stick to around <125 😉

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

well whats correct then?? how do you find out the weight?

I'm not sure.. I don't have any charts or anything. Maybe some other more experienced members can help you with that one.

Doyley, 145 kts is still way too fast, especially if you only have 10% of fuel left! 125 would do (as mattdean says). but of course, this still depends on many factors.. flaps, weight etc...

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

The VREF's are inaccurate but are slightly more believable if you reverse them as above.

They quote 180,000 lbs as a landing weight but I understand the maximum in a 737-800 is 144,000 lbs? Therefore a lower landing speed would be right.

As for the correct VREF's for a 737-800........I do not know them, perhaps one of the super pilots on here can help?

When I fly the 737-800 in FSX I ensure I load up with enough fuel for the flight (this can be seen in the Nav Log) plus about 20% reserves. I therefore always land with minimal fuel load at a speed of around 135KIAS. Not wholey accurate, but hey.....I ain't no pilot.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

On the 737-300 i used to land at 130kts but after getting FSX, on one of the tutorials it says 145 is a good landing speed and its stuck. Always done the trick for me, even on shorter runways.

so does anybody know exactly how to find the weight of the aircraft just before landing?

Check the weight of the aircraft before you takeoff. Check the weight of the fuel on board. As you near your destination, check how much fuel you have remaining. Calculate your fuel burn and subtract it from your takeoff weight.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...