iFly 737 Series

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I acquired another aircraft that is on par with both Ariane and PMDGs 737 variants. And the good thing is I found some nice textures to go with it:

I like flying the 737 BBJs... the aircraft is very stable, even though going through the pre-fight checks was painful; it took more that a hour and a half to go through its preflight checks and properly set up the FMC...

Now only if I can get it to follow the waypoints instead of a straight shot from airport to airport. 🙄

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Nice shots, i've got it for fs2004 and it's very nice in that !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

How much does it cost? I'd be interested in buying it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Gundam, this is a welcome contribution. Those pics in the built-up area are stunning - I thought I'd better mention that now before I forget 😀

Been wondering about the iFly 737, some very positive reviews around the forums, some say this one's better than the PMDG.
Your remark that ... the aircraft is very stable is encouraging but you sure threw a spanner in the works with the rest of your assessment re the pre-flight checks and the programming of the FMC 🤔

PS: As I am an ardent student of your occasionally cryptic posts / messages / replies and remarks I am wondering upon re-reading this most recent one whether: "...the pre-fight checks was painful;" contains yet another hidden (or not so hidden) message 😛

Pro Member Captain

Cheeks wrote:

How much does it cost? I'd be interested in buying it.

54.95 USD from Flight 1 Software. Cheaper if you are already overseas... 😕

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Hey Gundam, this is a welcome contribution. Those pics in the built-up area are stunning - I thought I'd better mention that now before I forget 😀

Been wondering about the iFly 737, some very positive reviews around the forums, some say this one's better than the PMDG.
Your remark that ... the aircraft is very stable is encouraging but you sure threw a spanner in the works with the rest of your assessment re the pre-flight checks and the programming of the FMC 🤔

PS: As I am an ardent student of your occasionally cryptic posts / messages / replies and remarks I am wondering upon re-reading this most recent one whether: "...the pre-fight checks was painful;" contains yet another hidden (or not so hidden) message 😛

I gotcha...

Due to the camera placement and zoom function of this particular aircraft, made it difficult to manually perform its startup procedures. Viewing from the VC mode, the switches are way too close and slightly out of position for mouse clicks. So you may accidentally hit a wrong switch doing preflight checks if viewed from the VC position naturally. With the Ariane 737 series the controls are spaced out more in main view, and you can still select the switches without accidentally flipping other switches.

As for the aircraft stability, during landings, I have always had an issue with the Ariane 737 on short final. Even using very small corrections, the aircraft will manuver excessively. The iFly 737 6,7,8 and the BBJ showed amazing stability.... at 159kts.... in the Ariane, I am around 168 to 170kts, on short final. Not to mention there are very few excellent liveries for the Ariane variant now.... so the advantage slightly goes to iFly....

As for the FMC...

Although you can program Ariane's FMC so that it can fly the given flightplan via waypoints, you cannot program its FMC via keyboard. This was something that PMDG FMCs were able to do. Now the iFly 737 series now have that function...INCLUDING PROGRAMMING PUSHBACK DISTANCE!!!

However, whenever I tried to utilize the iFly flight planner, I always keep getting the most direct (GPS) route... so I can't program my flights to the exact runway I need. With the Arianes FMC, I can change the runway mid flight.... which normally happens when I am nearing my destination and I am told to land at a different runway. 🙄

Advantage: Ariane....

So, The iFly 737 series brings the best from PMDG and Ariane and mixed it into one excellent aircraft. As I continue to operate the aircraft, I will figure out how to properly program the FMC.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Yeah the AUD - USD conversion rate is pretty good atm, I can probably pick it up for around 45-50, I'll see what happens. I'm pretty familiar with the PMDG 737 so I'm sure I'd pick up how to fly this bird fairly quickly.

Pro Member Captain

Here are some shots of the Southwest Airlines Livery. I have found more but the textures have to be converted for FSX.

Thanks for looking..... 😀

Pro Member Captain

Here are some shot of Southwest Airlines "Shamu One":

CS-TLK Guest

hey, this is a video i made testing te 737-800 ifly

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ztcqo8H3GPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...