What to do with FSX

Hey people, I bought FSX and guess what.... It ran like crap. So guess what I did: I returned it to the store and sticked to my good old FS2002. 😂 😀 😀 😂

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm so happy for you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Nobody cares random guest.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I do...

...oh wait, no I don't.
I thought we were talking about random breasts ❓ ❓ , not guests.
My mistake.

ok, I know the smileys don't look like bewbies, it's the best I could do.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey people, I bought FSX and guess what.... It ran like crap. So guess what I did: I returned it to the store and sticked to my good old FS2002. 😂 😀 😀 😂

In the US? They take it back? I am gonna try to return tooo

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

If I were you, I'd get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

CRJCapt wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

If I were you, I'd get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

Well whats the main differences between FS2002 and FS2004? Is there significant improvements in FS2004 that FS02 doesnt have??? If so, I'll get it, providing that my 4GB of downloaded Project AI traffic will work with FS2004....!

.....And if Microsoft ever comes out with a new FSX that will be able to run on any existing computer, please let me know..... 😀

Good Guest Guest

Solotwo wrote:

Nobody cares random guest.

Cheerful as usual

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Key New Features FS 2004 from FS 2002
Dynamic weather system based on realistic atmospheric physics, with true three-dimensional clouds that form and dissipate, and automatic real-world weather updates when you're connected to the Internet.

Weather “themes” that generate a wide variety of stunning—and challenging—flying conditions with just a few clicks of a mouse

Enhanced interactive air traffic control (ATC), including traffic at all airports around the world (including non-towered airports), altitude changes en route, pop-up IFR clearances, and precision and non-precision approaches to multiple runways

Interactive 3D “virtual” cockpits—tune radios and operate key aircraft controls and avionics by pointing and clicking in the virtual cockpit view.

Scenery improvements, including taxiway and runway signs, enhanced auto-gen 3D objects, more high-detail airports, and improved lighting and sky effects

Garmin 500 and 295 series GPS with color moving maps and airport/facility information

Improved full-color map view with terrain display

Improved support for 3D graphics hardware acceleration in multiple windows and across multiple monitors

Learning Center--a “Web site on the disc” available while the simulation is running that includes a Key Topics visual guide to the features in Microsoft Flight Simulator, direct links to flights and lessons, flight briefings, how-to procedures, aircraft handbooks, and more.

New and expanded lessons and ground school topics

Kiosk mode for unattended demonstrations

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/default.asp

good guest Guest

2002 edition had vitual cockpits

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Why can Guests post here? Boggles the mind.

good guest Guest

jhausner wrote:

I would have joined if I had not read the horror stories of people having problems having their accounts activated.

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Where's this? Must have missed that part. I created an account np here. Filled everything out, got my E-mail, clicked the link, done.

Only activation problems I've read are regarding FSX itself not these forums. Which thread?

good guest Guest

Yeah there are threads that I have found using the search. I think I typed something like 'Membership'. I'll try to get a link, but there have been a number of complaints from what I read about.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The biggest problem seems to be that the "activation" email goes into a bulk-junk folder and is deleted by the user without reading it.
To get them to reply with a new one isn't the easiest way to go.

Radar

jhausner wrote:

......Because the guests shall inherit the forum. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

......Because the guests shall inherit the forum.

Actually buddy, I'd prefer it if guests inherit a brain.

That way they wouldn't post pointless topics and they would serch the forum first to check if the same dull topic hasn't been posted time and time again previously.

Oh and also they'd actually become a member, you are quite happy to go out and spend 60 quid on FSX then whinge when faced with having to pay buttons to join here. 🙄

BrilliantGuest Guest

mattdean wrote:

......Because the guests shall inherit theforum.

Actually buddy, I'd prefer it if guests inherit a brain.

That way they wouldn't post pointless topics and they would serch the forum first to check if the same dull topic hasn't been posted time and time again previously.

Oh and also they'd actually become a member, you are quite happy to go out and spend 60 quid on FSX then whinge when faced with having to pay buttons to join here. 🙄

thats no way to treat your guests 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

How rude I'm never back here again 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

My heart bleeds 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Long time ago we supposed being the friendliest...We had good guests and good members...Now NO. ❗
There is a guy-guest that states something,no matter what it is,we run to show how smart are we....Impressive 😕

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Long time ago we supposed being the friendliest...We had good guests and good members...

The sands of time erase even the most noble empires.... 😂 😂

😎

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Those finding FSX won't run well for them:-

If you have less than a Pentium 4 3.0GHz and 1024Mb RAM, forget it !!

Don't buy it.

If you have at least the above spec (and pref a 256Mb Graphics Card), try these tweaks:-

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3806/

.... you'll be surprised how well you can get FSX running, I have 26 FPS in the VC on a plain old Pentium 4 3.0Ghz after these tweaks, and that is with most sliders at Medium high !

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

.....And if Microsoft ever comes out with a new FSX that will be able to run on any existing computer, please let me know..... 😀

Well, what IS your existing system?
I haven't seen where you've even told us what your trying to run the sim on! RAM? Video card? CPU? Power supply? etc, etc, etc.
I have an old and VERY used Dell Precision 340 workstation (a VERY used surplus piece from my employer) and I'm running it ok with an antique video card (NVIDIA GeForce 5200FX Ultra). I will be upgrading my vid card soon to a slightly newer AGP card (for now). Eventually, I will (and you will need to also) upgrade to a much newer, faster system.

So what are you trying to run the game on?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...