I returned FSX to store successfully

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

instead of refund, they gave me store gift card, to me, its the same thing, even I dont give as gift, I will always need to buy stuff from Circuit City.....

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Let me make a prediction. In two years at the latest you'll be buying FSX again.

I bet you a 🍻

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I will be buying FS11 for sure....

I returned FSX to Staples where I got it from and they gave me my money back 😀 . When I get a new computer I'll buy FSX again......

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

It's a shame you never tried these tweaks before taking it back:-

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3806/

They may have worked wonders - they have on my modest system!

Pro-Sim wrote:

It's a shame you never tried these tweaks before taking it back
Awaiting Delivery of:-

Intel Core 2 Duo 6800
1Gb GeForce 7900 7950 Ultimate
3Gb DDR2 667Mhz RAM
500Gb SATA Hard Drive

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I'm running FSX on a new Intel D975XBX mobo with an Intel Core 2 X6800, 2GB RAM, and GeForce 7950 GX2 2GB onboard memory, SATA HD (2 of 'em), and FSX performance is poor. Maxed sliders in FSX lead to a slide show over populated areas.

Those "tweaks" you mentioned are nothing more than kluges to dumb down FSX, and reduce its features to low enough levels our hardware can deal with it. You can accomplish that with the sliders in the "game". But what's the point of including all that stuff in FSX in the first place, if bleeding edge hardware can't run it? What was Mother MS thinking?

By the time technology reaches the point in hardware performance that FSX can be run with everything turned on, it'll be time for a new version of the application, and we'll start this all over again. MS needs to give up on DirectX as the API for flightsims and go to OpenGL. The problems will disappear overnight.

Pro-Sim wrote:

It's a shame you never tried these tweaks......

Oh, and BTW, forgot to mention, if you haven't already read it, FSX is NOT coded to take advantage of multi-core cpus, so your new Core 2 will operate like it is not a dual core processor in FSX. Altogether now, WHAT WAS MOTHER MS THINKING? Crying or Very sad

FSX is Optimized for Vista and the new DirectX10 graphics pipeline, MS was thinking about getting things running smoother on Vista instead of 2000/XP !!

Oh, dual core is more supported in Vista too BTW Surprised

Anonymous wrote:

FSX is Optimized for Vista and the new DirectX10 graphics pipeline, MS was thinking about getting things running smoother on Vista instead of 2000/XP !!

Oh, dual core is more supported in Vista too BTW Surprised

I think you're dreaming. Post a reference.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...