Saitek joystick

Pro Member Trainee
Bugsey Trainee

I have upgraded my computer to a HP Media Center with all the bells and whistles, but had to replace my Microsoft joystick because there was no serial port to plug it into. My problem is that I cannot seem to program the joystick to bring some of the controls to the stick. the basic flying controls work, but with all the spare buttons not being utilised I could have bought a basic joystick, but that is not what I want.
On the support website, it does mention that the programming only works if one is using their keyboard and mouse. Is this a fact, because if that is so ,I shall be returning th 😕 e joystick. By the way I am using Flight Sim X. its OK but I don;t think it is as good as FS2004, the graphics are good , but thats about all I can say.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

The name of the joystick would be nice 😛

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I have a Saitek X52 and I have no problem programming the buttons except for trying to think of enough assignments for the gazillion buttons and sliders on the thing.
I love the little mouse and left click button on the throttle section.

I'm just using a generic keyboard and mouse.

Pro Member Trainee
Bugsey Trainee

Sorry I did'nt mention the name of the joystick but I did in the subject space, but it is a 'Saitek Cyborg evo.' I followed the instructions in the manual to the letter, saved it , but could not activate it. Any suggestions, and please, no smart ones!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...