Graphics problem

Hey, i am running FSX with a fairly high end video card, an overclocked nVIDIA Go 7900 GS, yet everytime i go into game, if i use high settings, ultra high, or low settings, the graphics look like complete crap. I can see everything fine, but the graphics look like the game was from 2000, not 2006 and nowhere close to the screenshots... help, its driving me nuts!!!!!

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You may need more up to date drivers.
It's hard to say without you posting a screenshot.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Overclocking requires extra cooling -- I trust you're aware of that?

ya, i kno overclocking requires extra cooling, but i overclocked my card slightly, cause the 7900 GS that comes in the dell e1705 are undeclocked. right now, the higest tempertures ive seen is 76 degrees celsius, and thats after 4 hours of oblivion at max settings and 4xAA... ive updated my drivers also, both the newest nvidia drivers and the newest tweaked drivers off tweaksrus.com... i think ill reinstall and than try again, if the problem persists, ill throw up some screenies

o, and for the temperatures, 76 seems high, but anything under 85 is well under the safe limit for laptops...

Pro Member Trainee
swordfishradio Trainee

Its a known problem that the frame rates are poor for this game. There are many folks out there running good spec machines with good spec graphic cards and many are reporting that their frame rates for this game appear to be very poor.

The game was written to run on Vista with DirectX10 by all accounts, also I think that the software was written to run on hardware that is out of many peoples reach at this time.

The reviews are awfull on Amazon for this game!

It seems to run OK for me and Im quite prepared to suffer some frame rate loss.

Each to their own.

Frame rates ?

i'm not talking about the frame rates being poor, im talking about the textures being horrible... even on ultra high, all sliders are all to the right, the graphics look like low at best, and the framerate is running around 20+ in busy metro areas and i kno my system cannot run ultrahigh max settings at around 20+ FPS... something is wrong with the textures.

Pro Member Trainee
knaemald51 Trainee

wow,those settings sure don't inspire do they? I'm not at all sure what settings you are using but if these are any thing other than absolute minimums they are awful. I'm sticking with fs9, love it, it works well and runs at 30fps easily for me.
Guess microsoft got my fifty bucks for the fsx debacle. Man that means I'm a duped stupid dreamer who thought a large corporation would actually sell me something of value. I'm always he optimist.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

What's wrong with that bottom screenie, it looks ok to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sure a bit of tweaking here and there will sort things out. Those gauges look crystal clear to me.

hmm, thats the problem, the gauges are fine, actually, the gauges are great... but everything else isnt, and fyi, both screens are taken when my settings were set to... ULTRAHIGH, actually, to be accurate, custom, the resolution is 1440x1280 i think, and every slider is at the right, even higher than the "default" ULTRAHIGH settings... so i would say thats ultraultrahigh... ARGH!!! this is soooo fustrating!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't have FSX yet but is there a possibility that the autogen settings could improve things for you?

Just browse through the topics and see what you can unearth in this regard. From memory I think some of the guys have lowered their autogen settings and thus improved their displays.

hmm, i just tried that... doesnt help at all... like the ground textures are just really bad, its just color, green and black all molded together... and my pc should be able to handle it easy... Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz, 2gb Ram, Go 7900 GS... ARGH!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

hmm, i just tried that... doesnt help at all... like the ground textures are just really bad, its just color, green and black all molded together... and my pc should be able to handle it easy... Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz, 2gb Ram, Go 7900 GS... ARGH!

Core 2 Duo, try this.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21628/dual-core-processors/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Another method many members are using is to lower all sliders and then increase them one by one, each time checking the results.
I'm sorry I can't be of much help... with a bit of luck or misfortune whichever the case may be, I may be asking similar questions within the next 48 hours or so.
Having read so many accounts of failures during the last couple of weeks, paranoia is well and truly taking hold of me 😀

ya, its really depressing, top of the line pc, and the game looks half as good as FS9 on the lowest settings... :'(, thx for the help guys

Pro Member Trainee
edwardh Trainee

I'm also having frame rate problems and even more frustrated with, what I call, black holes! Whole pieces of scenery missing and black. Usually fixes itself as you approach them, but ones near airports often don't auto draw until dangerously close to runway. I have a well spec'ed system and shouldn't have difficulty. Also tried turning down graphics to med, nothing seems to work. Does anyone else have these black holes?

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

In reply to the OP (Guest)

I would suggest in this particular case that:-

a: the textures don't appear to be loading quick enough probably due to a low speed HD
b: Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing are both lower than they should be in the nVidia control panel.

Try the latest 91.47 drivers and pump up the AF and AA settings along with all the other card optomizations.

BashDaBish wrote:

In reply to the OP (Guest)

I would suggest in this particular case that:-

a: the textures don't appear to be loading quick enough probably due to a low speed HD
b: Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing are both lower than they should be in the nVidia control panel.

Try the latest 91.47 drivers and pump up the AF and AA settings along with all the other card optomizations.

Thx, ill try that out...

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Simple solution to the frame rate problems.

Once Vista and DX10 come out, all of the frame rate issues will dissapear.

I plan on buying a dual core with Vista in the coming months.. New PC with FSX, should run very nice!!!

My 2 cents...

Jetman

argh! still having this problem!

Mad the cockpit on my fa 18 hornet is completely black i can still see out of it but i cant see any controls or anything

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...