Animals and shader 2.0 ???

norwichgooner Guest

Hi All

Spent 2 hours last night in various parts of Africa looking for game but found nowt !!
Had all the scenery options turned up full and had the animations check box ticked but still couldn't find any thing.
I noticed that the graphics card needs to support shader 2.0 to be bale to see animals/people etc and i am unsure if this is why i couldn't see any - i have an ATI RADEON 9500 128MB CARD which came with my PC when i bought it 2/3 years ago - can anyone advise if this card supports shader 2.0 ?
If it does then can anyone tell me where to find some elephants/giraffes etc etc
many thanks

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think you will need a new graphics card, many people are having problems with 256 MB cards and yours is a 128 MB. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

my question is, how on earth can you have everything set at max when you only have a 128mb card??

Doesnt make sense in my book!!

MicaH

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Micah wrote:

my question is, how on earth can you have everything set at max when you only have a 128mb card??

Doesnt make sense in my book!!

MicaH

I am not an expert when it comes to this, but I believe you can set everything to max with an 128 mb card as long as you have enough RAM to do so.. though of course, it won't look as good as if you would've had a 512 MB card

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

SeanGa wrote:

I am not an expert when it comes to this, but I believe you can set everything to max with an 128 mb card as long as you have enough RAM to do so.. though of course, it won't look as good as if you would've had a 512 MB card

IS that really the case? If so then i have been doing something wrong as i have 2 gig of memory and a 256mb card, (soon to be 512 tonight!!!), and still cant do that.

Please dont take this as sarcy or rude, im just interested, as it is an area where i too dont know enough.

Micah

norwichgooner Guest

let me clarify things..............

when i am sitting in my cessna with the engine off in the middle of the african bush looking for animals i am able to set all the sliders to the right

HOWEVER - if i slide all the sliders to the right when say, flying a B737 into LGW my PC simply cannot cope - i literally have to have the sliders at default setting

Going back to my original question - is anyone else out there able to view animals with the same or similar card i have - if so where can i go to see them ?

cheers all

A Zoo maybe 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm sorry that we have not answered you question directly. I don't have FSX so I can't give you a specific location for the animals. According to the ATI website, your card has Shader 2.0 capabilities. It's possible that in order to see the animals, you have to set your graphics to at least certain level, not sure. Someone with FSX should check in soon with the location of the animals. Sorry for the run around but many of us don't have FSX yet but we still try to help. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...