Where is this Airport in France? (TailHook)

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I was looking at "youtube" videos and came across this one

It looked intresting so i played it. It says

"A 747 jet Airliner taking off the shortest runway you've ever seen at Courchevel airport in France."

So i typed into my fs airports "Courchevel" and "Courchevel Airport" came up. I chose my plane, setweather etc and pressed fly now. When game loaded i look around and it didnt look like nothing like the FS2004 video. Why? And can someone tell me where this "Youtube" video aieport may be?

This is "Courchevel Airport", The same airport Ft. in "Youtube" vid. Why isn't it slanted?

Oh by the way. I have FS 9.1 Installed, Ground Enviourment Pro & Sky Enviroment Pro.

Thanks

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have flown twice in this airport.Your scenery is just fine.
The scenery of the guy who makes this video is very very bad 😕 ...Maybe from FS2002... Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

😳 oh,

Is there any airports in the game like this?

Thanks Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

good airport:

that scenery is a free download - by default FS does not have the ability to have sloped runways and they must be built in gmax, usually to a result where you must be extremely careful not to fall through - which is somewhat realistic as you must touch down VERY softly on an upward slope.

there are several courchevel sceneries, but i don't think any are much cop.

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

I tried to find the airport at alpes d'huez but it doesnt exist in FS unfortunatly, found the airport code on a website, but its not there. It was really cool though cause one of the lifts when under the runway, really wanted to fly there :p

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mikecurrie wrote:

I tried to find the airport at alpes d'huez but it doesnt exist in FS unfortunatly, found the airport code on a website, but its not there. It was really cool though cause one of the lifts when under the runway, really wanted to fly there :p

To which airport you are reffering to? ❓
If you are speaking for dannyboy2005's one is LFLJ.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

If you are wondering if there are any short runways in the game, you might have a look at the St Barts airport in the Carribean - I didn't make a note of its ICAO code but the coordinates are appx N17*54' W62*51'. I landed there with FS98 but haven't been back to see if its the same in FS2004.

Agali Guest

Hi,

I think the Airport in the video is Plat d'adet (town saint lary soulan).

It's also in france, not in alpes but in pyrennées.

You probably need to download the free add-on VFR OCCITANIA if you rally want to try it. But it's beatiful there.

That's where i learn ski.

(sorry for my poor english, i'm french)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the video is from some free courcheval scenery - i had it Wink

i'm not sure if this is the same scenery, but they all look the same...

download:

here's a good courcheval and some other alps altiports:

i'm intrigued by your occatania, but there are no pictures on the website or on google image search 🤔

Agali Guest

This french site contain sceneries, mesh and some aeroclub's planes of the south-west of France

It's all in french, but it's pretty nice if you like pyrénées or just south west of france. With roads, cities and rivers you can't lost yourself.

But as you said, no pictures. Here are some of mines/

Agali Guest

Embarassed Embarassed

In fact i said plat d'adet, but i was thinking peyresourde (LFIP)

And i try, and finally it's not exactly the same as the video. The track is almost the same, very short and with a break at the end.

I spoke too fast..... Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

HyePilot wrote:

dannyboy2005 wrote:

😳 oh,

Is there any airports in the game like this?

Thanks Greekman72

??Greekman72, I thought this was Dannyboy2005?

Go to this airport: KMKO has these weird sinkholes, check it out! Or got to KLWB, there is a Tacan Hut in the middle of the runway! Go to SYKM, there is the tallest mountain there ever, you will find out how tall it is, Happy Flying my friend.

My list of places to visit is growning faster than I can fly to them all. I've definetly gotta check those out HyePilot!

Being I dialup I was not going to view the movie at the Dannyboy2005 airport, but today, my curiosity finally got the best of me and so I downloaded it and pretty glad I did. That looks like quite an exciting takeoff! Something else I might just have to try. I've also got to get some more time on a high speed connection and look at other FS movies.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

dannyboy2005 wrote:

I was looking at "youtube" videos and came across this one

It looked intresting so i played it. It says

"A 747 jet Airliner taking off the shortest runway you've ever seen at Courchevel airport in France."[/quote] So i typed into my fs airports "Courchevel" and "Courchevel Airport" came up. I chose my plane, setweather etc and pressed fly now. When game loaded i look around and it didnt look like nothing like the FS2004 video. Why? And can someone tell me where this "Youtube" video aieport may be?

You need to do some serious downloading, but go to this site!
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bravomike/altiports2004.html

You will find a lot of what you are looking for--the hard part is finding the ALPS textures which are needed and keep moving around to diffenrent sites

Also go here

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bravomike/

You CAN get a nice accurate sloped runway for courcheval, you just have to work and search for all the files-you can also get all the altiports in that area-they look great and are fun to fly in and out of!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...