Drift

budsie175 Guest

Didn't have this problem in FS2002 but in 2004 I am getting a constant pull to the right t on take off and a right bank after rotation. Can't seem to get it lt level without autopilot. Trim doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?
Bud

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

In which plane is this, and what are the wind conditions when you are taking off?

budsie175 Guest

Cesna 182. Same drift at all airports in all directions with no wind. It is more of a turn than a drift as dropping a wing or crabbing has no effect.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Well I myself can in a no-winds-scenaro only think of 3 things,

- Aileron trim
- Rudder trim
- incorrectly distributed weight on the plane

You can center the trims by reloading the plane when you've started up and are ready to taxi
You can check the weight distribution in the "Aircraft -> Fuel&Payload" menu.

Does it happen on any other planes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It's completely normal during take off. This effect is called Torque.
To compensate, apply left or right rudder.

😉

budsie Guest

I am aware of torque, it can be trimmed out. I was a pilot. ARD-DC had the right solution. It stopped when I reloaded the aircraft. I screwed something up on the puter. It is harder to fly than the real thing.
Thanks a lot guys.
Bud

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...