bonfire night!!!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

tonight in the uk is bonfire night, quite possibly one of the best nights of the year. I go to Brockham Bonfire wich is 2mins from where i live. They have the largest firework display in the UK and possibly the largest bonfire. 20,000 people go. I love bonfire night. The fireworks were so good!
Die Guy Fawkes Die!!!!!
Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil

Answers 31 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

Are you kidding!!
How the hell can you say you love bonfire night???? I hate this time of the year!! Why don’t you think of all the animals that die each year from a heart attack? Think of that before you make comments like that!

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

keep yer pets inside then
i don't care i like it anyway. The fireworks are so big and pretty...

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

simon123 wrote:

Are you kidding!!
How the hell can you say you love bonfire night???? I hate this time of the year!! Why don’t you think of all the animals that die each year from a heart attack? Think of that before you make comments like that!

Take a pic for me of the streets tomorrow then, full of animals that suffered from heart attacks.

Somehow I find it hard to believe... 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Sounds cool, I'd like to be there!

😎

Meylan Guest

Sorry but bonfire night is on the 5 november just to clear it up. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm not terribly in favor of it. I think Thomas Bates, Robert Wintour, Christopher Wright, John Wright, Thomas Percy, Guy Fawkes, Robert Catesby and Thomas Wintour might have had the right idea. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Meylan wrote:

Sorry but bonfire night is on the 5 november just to clear it up. 🙂

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

You guys are lucky. Here in New Zealand, we have crappy fireworks, and all the good ones were banned.
Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm not terribly in favor of it. I think Thomas Bates, Robert Wintour, Christopher Wright, John Wright, Thomas Percy, Guy Fawkes, Robert Catesby and Thomas Wintour might have had the right idea. 😉

TRAITOR TO THE CROWN!!!!!
you should be hanged drawn and quartered. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I went to a display last night - I am more interested in how they make the fireworks do what they do than what they look like. I was bored after about 5 minutes - good job I took my hip flask.

Sadly, no chavs got hit by any of the rockets.

Damned Health and Safety rules foil Darwin too frequently.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I went to Brockham Bonfire last night - it was awesome! 😳 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

TRAITOR TO THE CROWN!!!!!
you should be hanged drawn and quartered. 😂 😂 😂 😂

I am really amused. You are upset by a group who tried to overthrow one monarchy while using an avatar and name of someone who overthrew another.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

yep.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Personally, I'd prefer Nicholas II to James I. But, that's just me. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i couldn't give a crap about the various kings and monarchs. The only ones i know are Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

The show in Cambridge is weak...

I had planned to blow up a mini-parliament to commemorate the day, but got too busy and didn't have a chance to do it this year...next year for sure!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

i couldn't give a crap about the various kings and monarchs. The only ones i know are Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II

*sigh*

Jamie4590 Guest

I have mixed feelings about bonfire night. I remember being a kid and enjoying the displays in my back garden. Animals do suffer at this time of year though through fright and being cought and tortured by yobs. I think there should be more restrictions on the sale of fireworks but it is a time for kids to look in the sky in awe and its all about the kids isn't it. I find it quite scarey to stand at my window in the evening while all the fireworks are going off. I'm sure the sounds are not disimilar to that of a war zone. Our boys in Iraq will be experiencing the same sounds 24-7 but of course the bangs will be coming from 70MM mortar rounds instead of a supermarket family firework budget pack.

In conclusion firework sale should not be banned but the sales should be more regulated. Refusing to sell fireworks to someone clutching a can of special brew would be a good start. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

good idea mate, i prefer proper displays rather then the ones you buy cos they are always crap.

Pro Member Chief Captain

After seeing how stupidly some people can be with their computers...even when sober, Selling fireworks to the average yutz seems a really stupid thing to do.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

I went to a display last night - I am more interested in how they make the fireworks do what they do than what they look like.

You may enjoy this article: ➡ http://people.howstuffworks.com/fireworks.htm

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Jamie4590 wrote:

Animals do suffer at this time of year though through fright and being cought and tortured by yobs.

I would hope that anyone who knows of anybody who would intentionally inflect harm on any animal would show that low-life the bottom of their boot

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

well said, i have heard nasty stories about chavs, cats and rockets...
they should be arrested

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

...and have the same operation performed upon themselves ❗

😎

Guest Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Too put the country in chaos sounds like they had the right idea 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

I agree people who are drunk should not be allowed withen 10 feet of fireworks. 😕 Aswell as irresponsible teenagers who think the should light the fireworks while they are holding on to it 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Too put the country in chaos sounds like they had the right idea 🙄

King James I had already put the country in chaos. 😉

Oops, I hope that isn't too political. 🙄 😂

Last edited by CrashGordon on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now this is really dangerous territory 😳

Mentioning King James could be both, too political and /or too religious Read

Now, what's the punishment for this again... Umm... ..being burnt at the stake or having one's head chopped off?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wonder how many people know enough history to understand what you just said.

Jamie4590 Guest

I hate burnt steak. Medium for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I hate burnt steak. Medium for me.

😂 😂 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...