X-Box 360 Controller...

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Has anybody tried the X-Box 360 controller in FSX?

If so, whats it like/how does it handle etc.

I was thinking about getting one to make flying helis easier.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

mattdean wrote:

I have an XBOX and it's great but I would use a joystick with Flight Simulator. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I tried it,

Its pretty wierd to be honest. The trigger buttons are the throttle, if you dont press either it has the power has 50%. You use the left trigger to get less than 50% and the right for more than 50%.

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

Are you using the controller from your 360 or the XBox 360 controller made for windows? I have the one for windows and I agree it is wierd but the default throttle set up is nothing like that. My triggers are the left/right rudders. Throttle up is "Y" and throttle down is "B" (they work like the F2 and F3 buttons on the keyboard). I prefer my yoke and throttle hands down, but I use my XBox controller when on the laptop away from home. The rumble when rolling down the runway is kinda cool, but that's only my 2 cents.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

RiginalDonDada, could you post your avatar as a bigger image for us so we can see that nice setup you have?

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

RiginalDonDada wrote:

Are you using the controller from your 360 or the XBox 360 controller made for windows? I have the one for windows and I agree it is wierd but the default throttle set up is nothing like that. My triggers are the left/right rudders. Throttle up is "Y" and throttle down is "B" (they work like the F2 and F3 buttons on the keyboard). I prefer my yoke and throttle hands down, but I use my XBox controller when on the laptop away from home. The rumble when rolling down the runway is kinda cool, but that's only my 2 cents.

Its the controller from my girlfriends 360.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

BashDaBish wrote:

RiginalDonDada, could you post your avatar as a bigger image for us so we can see that nice setup you have?

+1, looks sweet.

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

Thanks for the feedback. My wife just doesn't get it. I probably need to bring that top monitor down. I just bumped up to 2 gigs from 1.5 and it made a big difference. I am finally happy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What's the distance between the floor and the top of your desk / table RiginalDonDada?

mattdean's enquiry:

Has any of the respondents flown a chopper using the X-Box controller?

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

Floor to desktop 29 inches.

Floor to bottom of center monitor 36 inches.

I think we have officially stolen this thread, my apologies to the author.

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

I went out and bought the 360 controller for windows without trying the controllers from my 360. The guy at Best Buy said it wouldn't work. I just looked, both my 360 controllers are wireless so that would not have worked.

I have flown a chopper with this controller and its ALOT easier.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Thanks for the replies everyone, I brought the controller today and yes it is great for flying choppers with.

But a little confusing for fixed wing aircraft! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks RiginalDonDada for the measurements and for the chopper feedback.
Thanks mattdean for your persistence and experiments with your new controller.
Guess I have no excuse left not to try out the choppers using the controller.

Fixed wing aircraft...? What are those 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...