****booting players????

Pro Member Trainee
pc8051 Trainee

Ok...i am tired of idiots in this game. I have hosted many games acting as ATC. As a host, I should have full control of my game and be able to boot any non complying offender. Does anyone know how to do this....or how I can contact Microsoft to have them create a patch in order to do this. Its frustrating to try to put together a excellent gameing environment.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Running Guest

I know how you feel.
When you've figured it out. Please post here.
So far I haven't been able to find a way. Even if I could just find out their IP addy, I could block that in my firewall.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Sorry to hear that - I've yet to try the multiplayer yet. Sounds like a free-for-all, MS probably need to hire a boatload of mods.

😎

saint4 Guest

Its not possible, i read somewhere that it has to be done from the briefing room. But those of us who have used multiplayer know that we cant get to the briefing room otherwise it exits the session.

I just hope a patch is released because it gets annoying.

running Guest

You can add players to your ban list while in the briefing room.
However I've not seen any results of such a ban and even if it works, you're just banning the gamespy account.

You can create a new one in less than a minute.

What we need is for hosts the ability to kick a player from the chat window while ingame, the ability to block players meaning they can't keep requesting you to add them to your friends list. (Thus making game play impossible) and preferbly atleast for the host to see IP addies that belong to people. That way a more effective ban can be made.

GUEST Guest

running wrote:

You can add players to your ban list while in the briefing room.
However I've not seen any results of such a ban and even if it works, you're just banning the gamespy account.

You can create a new one in less than a minute.

What we need is for hosts the ability to kick a player from the chat window while ingame, the ability to block players meaning they can't keep requesting you to add them to your friends list. (Thus making game play impossible) and preferbly atleast for the host to see IP addies that belong to people. That way a more effective ban can be made.

EXACTLY

The more of us request this badly needed feature from Microsoft, the more likely they are to listen to the MP Community.

http://FsInsider.com is the OFFICIAL FSX "Community" website... I would suggest that as many as possiple post some feedback there, strongly requestion that a BOOT / BAN feature be added to FSX HOSTING, as soon as possible - in their first Patch/Update.

http://www.fsinsider.com/Feedback/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...