Flight Deck 4 FSX Update

Beeeye Guest

Just wondering if anyone knows when they are going to release the patch for an fsx update...

thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Beeeye Guest

thanks mate... I guess I'm just impatient

ive been toying lots of with addons and fsx 🙂

Beeeye Guest

oh and just to add, if you do install flight deck 4 into fsx, the scenery will be messed up. you'll start off inside the carrier somehow and by the time you make it to the end *splasssssssh*

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Beeeye wrote:

oh and just to add, if you do install flight deck 4 into fsx, the scenery will be messed up. you'll start off inside the carrier somehow and by the time you make it to the end *splasssssssh*

You shouldn't be surprised after having read the page that Radarman linked you to.

If you have already installed Flight Deck 4 for FS2004, you are already set to run the Flight Deck 4 Update for FSX when available.

If you have a Flight Deck 4 CD-ROM (for F2004) but do not plan to install it for FS2004, you can download and run the FD4_CD-ROM_Validation program which prepares your system for the Flight Deck 4 Update for FSX when available.

Note in both paragraphs the 'when available' Idea

Beeeye Guest

wow tailhook thanks for pointing that out, because obviously I cant read. Censored

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee
twallace Trainee

Beeeye wrote:

wow tailhook thanks for pointing that out, because obviously I cant read. Censored

Beeye: are you an Censored Censored or just your average Censored ? What is up with that " Censored " signoff? Jes askin.

Gyre

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill White (Munroman) Trainee

I downloaded the Flight Simulator X upgrade for Flight Deck 4, it is a mess! My first few attempts at flying in the med with the Super Hornet resulted in FSim X locking up and crashing. I then tried flying from the carrier at San Diego. The scenery and effects loaded this time without crashing but what a mess. The deck is awash with water and the deck based vehicles and aircraft are all floating in the air. I took off with great difficulty only to have everything die over the hills at the back of San Diego. I had a look at the files for F Sim X and compared them against the original FSim 2004 files. Other than the addition of a few extra effects for the carriers it looked the same. I think they have merely used their original carriers. I tested this theory by referencing the original FSim 2004 carriers from FSim X and it all looked exactly the same! Did anyone at Abacus test this on FSim X before it was released?

I also had the Abacus Air Bus in my FSim 2004 Hanger. When their FSim X version was released I stumped up the upgrade fee. Another regret, while it appears to fly ok (only flown it once) the Virtual Cockpit looks awful – everything looks very flat.

I have several Abacus products for FSim 2004, some very good, some mediocre, some awful. But if this is an example of their Flight Simulator X upgrades then I don’t think I will bother with anymore.

Pro Member Trainee
Rick (RickCrescitelli) Trainee

Munroman wrote:

I downloaded the Flight Simulator X upgrade for Flight Deck 4, it is a mess!.

Same results here with the "Upgrade"... Most A/C lock up the machine, and there are no "on deck" A/C on the carrier if you fly out to it and land with an A/C that works. Too bad so many nice planes just won't load.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...