SearchSearch 

Flight Deck 4 FSX Update

Beeeye Guest

Just wondering if anyone knows when they are going to release the patch for an fsx update...

thanks

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Beeeye Guest

thanks mate... I guess I'm just impatient

ive been toying lots of with addons and fsx 🙂

Beeeye Guest

oh and just to add, if you do install flight deck 4 into fsx, the scenery will be messed up. you'll start off inside the carrier somehow and by the time you make it to the end *splasssssssh*

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Beeeye wrote:

oh and just to add, if you do install flight deck 4 into fsx, the scenery will be messed up. you'll start off inside the carrier somehow and by the time you make it to the end *splasssssssh*

You shouldn't be surprised after having read the page that Radarman linked you to.

If you have already installed Flight Deck 4 for FS2004, you are already set to run the Flight Deck 4 Update for FSX when available.

If you have a Flight Deck 4 CD-ROM (for F2004) but do not plan to install it for FS2004, you can download and run the FD4_CD-ROM_Validation program which prepares your system for the Flight Deck 4 Update for FSX when available.

Note in both paragraphs the 'when available' Idea

Beeeye Guest

wow tailhook thanks for pointing that out, because obviously I cant read. Censored

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee
twallace Trainee

Beeeye wrote:

wow tailhook thanks for pointing that out, because obviously I cant read. Censored

Beeye: are you an Censored Censored or just your average Censored ? What is up with that " Censored " signoff? Jes askin.

Gyre

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill White (Munroman) Trainee

I downloaded the Flight Simulator X upgrade for Flight Deck 4, it is a mess! My first few attempts at flying in the med with the Super Hornet resulted in FSim X locking up and crashing. I then tried flying from the carrier at San Diego. The scenery and effects loaded this time without crashing but what a mess. The deck is awash with water and the deck based vehicles and aircraft are all floating in the air. I took off with great difficulty only to have everything die over the hills at the back of San Diego. I had a look at the files for F Sim X and compared them against the original FSim 2004 files. Other than the addition of a few extra effects for the carriers it looked the same. I think they have merely used their original carriers. I tested this theory by referencing the original FSim 2004 carriers from FSim X and it all looked exactly the same! Did anyone at Abacus test this on FSim X before it was released?

I also had the Abacus Air Bus in my FSim 2004 Hanger. When their FSim X version was released I stumped up the upgrade fee. Another regret, while it appears to fly ok (only flown it once) the Virtual Cockpit looks awful – everything looks very flat.

I have several Abacus products for FSim 2004, some very good, some mediocre, some awful. But if this is an example of their Flight Simulator X upgrades then I don’t think I will bother with anymore.

Pro Member Trainee
Rick (RickCrescitelli) Trainee

Munroman wrote:

I downloaded the Flight Simulator X upgrade for Flight Deck 4, it is a mess!.

Same results here with the "Upgrade"... Most A/C lock up the machine, and there are no "on deck" A/C on the carrier if you fly out to it and land with an A/C that works. Too bad so many nice planes just won't load.