WII OR PS3???

Which do you prefer the nintendo WII or the Playstation PS3?
wii's for me
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
nah I'll stick with the ps3
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 16

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Which do you prefer?

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

XBox! But I don't have one and don't intend to.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127884-c,gameconsoles/article.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

What is WII? Obviously, I don't/won't have any of this stuff. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Wii is Nintendo's latest offering on the console market Crash.

To be honest, the 2 systems cannot be compared.

The PS3 is aimed at an entirely different market to the Wii, which is aimed at the younger age brackets.

I will say neither. I have a PS2 which has a couple of fun games for when some friends some over and that is all I use it for.

The Wii has some cool ideas, an innovative controller and apparently you can get all the historic NES/SNES titles downloaded to it for nothing?!

The PS3 is aimed at late teens upwards really, serious games for serious gamers etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh. By the way, isn't serious gamer an oxymoron?

(I'm waiting for somebody to complain that I called gamers, morons.) ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

"Serious gamer" probably best translates to either "stoner" or "adult" 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

"Stoner"?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Never. Screw the fact that the wii is for kids. It's motion detecting. Stop sitting on your a** eating chips, you gotta move around. You can play tennis, and do all kinds of stuff, activly. And besides,check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DMFoyp71xw3w
😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

"Stoner"?

= slang for a habitual cannabis user ...good ol' english language lol

🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

"Stoner"?

= slang for a habitual cannabis user ...good ol' english language lol

🙂

On this side of the pond, we call them potheads.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm a pretty serious gamer, not a stoner. Just a lot of time on my hands.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Why play games when you can jack up on heroin? 😂

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I prefer NOT to own toys!
I have a PC, and play good games not kid games.
I have a PS2 xmas gift given to me--it looks nice, but its not a PC, and the games are just games, not simulations. I got Ghost recon for it, and it sucked hard! It sits in the corner collecting dust--I had an Atari once--remember when you played games on those?

Why the fuss--its just not worth the expense of lame games hassle!

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

HyePilot wrote:

Remeber in November-December of 2005, everyone wanted the new XBox 360. Those were the days...

I didn't, and still don't. I've seen them all coming by and tested them occasionally from friends who wanted to blow money on them, from the first nintento consoles to PS, PS2, XBOX, but I still dont get the what the appeal is of a console. Everything you can get out of it, you also get out of a PC Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm not interested in the consol games anymore but when i saw the wii and read a review i knew i had to get one 😛

i wouldn't mind flightim on an xbox 360 though - all that power, 32inch screen...link it up to the pc for downloads and modifying...does it have usb for joysticks etc? maybe not so perfect then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

ARD-DC wrote:

HyePilot wrote:

Remeber in November-December of 2005, everyone wanted the new XBox 360. Those were the days...

I didn't, and still don't. I've seen them all coming by and tested them occasionally from friends who wanted to blow money on them, from the first nintento consoles to PS, PS2, XBOX, but I still dont get the what the appeal is of a console. Everything you can get out of it, you also get out of a PC Dont Know

The earlier consoles were better games platforms than the earlier PC's in my opinion - plug and play, no patches, no downloads, no hard drives to fail and lose all your data. The concept of consoles also promoted the idea that games couldn't be released with bugs in them which is now the norm on the PC.

I will still stick to my PC though for playing "serious" games - but for having a few friends round for some beers and an evening of Wrestling, the PS2 is still a good laugh

Pro Member Trainee
David Mathew Covarrubias (David_MC) Trainee

the prices are a big factor.
Wii-$150
XBox360-$300
PS3-$600+
the are estimates i hear on the news.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wii:250$
special wii+sports pack:270$

Xbox 360:350$
special pack with remote, hd and all the other stuff:560$

Ps3:600$
special 20gb hard drive version:720$

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

PS3 is in a league of its own when compared to the WII. A bit of a stupid name if you ask me, why not just call it the Nintendo Piss. A more interesting poll would be one between the the Xbox360 and PS3. I am just going to stick with my PS2 anyway, I would rather spend my money on something else than a new console.

Pro Member Trainee
Stefan (Steve123) Trainee

If i would buy a console, i would buy the new Playstation 3!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...