best landing?

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

im wondering what an average landing is in terms of -ft/m. and also what is your best landing ever in terms of -ft/m. mine is -35.4ft/m landing 13L at Chico today.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

-8fpm.

dehaviland dove, heaviest with that bird was about -40fpm all flown for the VA.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

-10fpm in a B727-200

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Mine was -4.8fpm @ Luton (EGGW) in a Boeing 737-400

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Let me remind you of this:

Any landing you walk away from is a good landing. Any landing where you can use the airplane again, is an excellent landing 😉

Joking aside, an average landing is probably 120 fpm or so. Also (and we've talked about this before I think), you need to plant the wheels firmly (not a 0.1 fpm) so the gear "knows" you've hit the ground and deploys spoilers. Low fpm is not everything.

For me, the perfect landing is around 100 fpm, certainly withing the first quarter of the runway (preferably on the 1000 ft bars) with a good rollout - not too long, not too short.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

Bindolaf wrote:

Also (and we've talked about this before I think), you need to plant the wheels firmly (not a 0.1 fpm) so the gear "knows" you've hit the ground and deploys spoilers.

except for that im not flying jets...yet...twin engine turbos for me! 😉

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

my best is -23fpm in a 727 😞

Guys how do you find this number ? do you have to be using FS Traffic ?

cheers

Pro Member First Officer

I used FS passengers. I think most of us did!

Jamie4590 Guest

Also, a too soft landing in wet weather could result in aquaplaning but I don't think this can be replecated in FS.

Pro Member First Officer

Negative, It can't be achieved. I have tried it in FS2004. I don't know about fsx.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Guys how do you find this number ? do you have to be using FS Traffic ?

cheers

Press "Shift+ Z" 2 or three times and 2 lines if red text will appear at the top of your screen, one of them will tell you the FPS.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

best landing would have to be the PMDG 747. we came in perfectly on a full manual at -16 feet perm inute. it took 10 seconds to put down the nose gear

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...