Can't decend, someone help!!!

bayley Guest

hey my problem is as follows

all my aircraft fly with unrealistic climb and glide performance, in a BIG way, ok starting small and getting big;
in a Cessna 172 doing a circuit
- i reach 1000ft before the end of the runway
- i have trouble maintaining 1000ft for downwind with large amounts of trim required
- (BIG one) On base i reduce power to Idle, extend full flaps and trim for 63kias, and for a period of approx 10 min i recorded a 300fpm climb no change in airspeed with a 1/2 ground 1/2 sky attitude

in my experience in GA it should require 1500 rpm to maintain approx 500fpm DECENT on base. my version is simply breaking the laws of thermal dynamics!

anyone got some help, i am also surprised to see no page for patches or regular updates on the MS website.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

1. Make sure you have Indicated Airspeed selected instead of True airspeed.
2. Recalibrate your controller. In Advanced settings, make throttle sensitivity 100% with Null zone of 0%. Elevator trim-50% sensitivity with a Null zone of approximately 10%.
3. In Realism settings, set to Hard.
4. On downwind, reduce power to approximately 2200 RPM.
5. Personal opinion, use 20 degrees of flaps with an airspeed on final of 70 KIAS. Unless the runway is less than 2000 ft(or an obstacle at the end of the runway), you don't need full flaps. 🙂

I'm FAA licensed. I noticed the 172 has a major floating tendency at low power and low airspeed too. I think the flight model is screwed up. I did not notice that in previous versions of MSFS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I'm FAA licensed. I noticed the 172 has a major floating tendency at low power and low airspeed too. I think the flight model is screwed up. I did not notice that in previous versions of MSFS.

I don't have FSX but check the throttle(setup) settings, you may have more power in than you think. The sensitivity and Null zone may also be off. Check weight, published speeds are often given for max. takeoff weight. Set realism to Hard. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...