why o why cant I fly FSX

Pro Member Trainee
mikey39 Trainee

It seems unfair to me that microsoft make such a fun simulator and put what must be a huge amount of work into it only to find not many people can run it.On the up side for them I think that their already huge bank account will get much larger with all the new computers they are going to sell.I will personally wait for the new technology and a lot more positive comments before I buy it,as frustration isnt healthy. Crying or Very sad

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

*Bangs head against cockpit repeatedly*

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think this has already be covered in the thread" FSX Disappoints".

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

mikey39 wrote:

It seems unfair to me that microsoft make such a fun simulator and put what must be a huge amount of work into it only to find not many people can run it.On the up side for them I think that their already huge bank account will get much larger with all the new computers they are going to sell.I will personally wait for the new technology and a lot more positive comments before I buy it,as frustration isnt healthy. Crying or Very sad

Or, you could replace your old computer with something that runs it. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Money dosesn't grow on trees.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Murfi wrote:

Money dosesn't grow on trees.

That's a vicious, unfounded rumour. 😀 😀

VonKyrin Guest

When did Microsoft start selling computers?

I'm running FS-X just fine and I didn't have to buy anything extra from Microsoft. I am even running on XP not Vista.

Microsoft is in the business of selling software. I believe they made FS-X with enough capability to take advantage of some of the better hardware that hard core gamers might be using, while at the same time making it scalable enough to run on a less than top of the line computer. Additionally, FS2004 is out there for people who don't have a top of the line computer. Why can't you play that?!? Since FS-X just came out, there are FAR fewer add ons for FS-X. I suspect FS2004 will be a better game for awhile until FS-X gets caught up a bit. I mean, what were graphics like in FS2004 before all the graphics add on packages?

I think Microsoft intentionally designed FS-X to be THE flight simulator program next year. But that doesn't mean it's not playable right now.

Not that I'm a big fan of Microsoft, but we should at least keep the facts straight when acusing them.

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

I know your pain FSX runs poo on my PC and it should run fine..

I believe FSX was a premature release, it was designed for DirectX10 which is coming in the new year with Vista.

The wost part..Dirext X 10 will only be on Vista forcing you to upgrade your OS as well as hardware.. that will need to be Dx10 computable.

Microsoft have pulled a nasty one there since I hear the price tag on Vista will be about £300..

£300 FOR A SODDING O/S!!!

I hate to admit it but i think Microsoft are about to kill the PC games industry since no one will happily pay £300.

I would rather stick with FS9 and use that £300 to have a flying lesson or two.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Pappy55 wrote:

I know your pain FSX runs poo on my PC and it should run fine..

I believe FSX was a premature release, it was designed for DirectX10 which is coming in the new year with Vista.

The wost part..Dirext X 10 will only be on Vista forcing you to upgrade your OS as well as hardware.. that will need to be Dx10 computable.

Microsoft have pulled a nasty one there since I hear the price tag on Vista will be about £300..

£300 FOR A SODDING O/S!!!

I hate to admit it but i think Microsoft are about to kill the PC games industry since no one will happily pay £300.

I would rather stick with FS9 and use that £300 to have a flying lesson or two.

The main source of new Vista editions will be on new pcs where the cost of OEM copies will be far cheaper

There are four editions, all of which will have dx10, so it certainly won't cost £300

On Amazon ,the basic home is £189 for full. Therefore the uggrade won't be more than around £120

Re release date, if it hadn't been released now then everyone would have been moaning aobut non release so they couldn't win

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...