FSX Aircraft in FS9

Does anyone know if there is a way to import a defult FSX plane to fly in FS9? I prefer to fly FS9 from a performance standpoint, but I really like the King Air 350 in FSX.

Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to import a defult FSX plane to fly in FS9? I prefer to fly FS9 from a performance standpoint, but I really like the King Air 350 in FSX.

Thanks.

Nope. Some FS9 aircraft work in FSX, but FSX aircraft do not work in FS9. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it depends, models built for fsx that use .dds textures will invariably not work as they are...something i can't remember: though this isn't to say .dds textures don'twork in fs9 because some models do use them.

fsx gauges have slightly different syntax, i got some working in fs9 for a guy on the posky forums.

it is entirely possible to get an aircraft for fsx into fs9 if you have know how - cfg's and air files also need to be tweaked.

Do you see a way to get the king air 350 to work in fs9? The default fs9 king air panel would be fine, I'm just looking to get the aircraft flying in fs9. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

you've gotta modify the .air and the .cfg's just to make it so they can convert over. it depends tho,are you more concerned with the dynamics or juust the visuual appearance?

I am more concerned with the visual appearance. It could use the fs9 flight dynamics/panel.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...