Gauges won't work in BAe 146

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

Anybody know why my gauges arent workin in my BAe 146....The panel is there but the gauges are not lit up and i can't press any of the buttons Except for the radio GPS and kneeboard.......

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check the read-me that came with the download.
You may have to put the contents of the gauge folder that came with it into the main gauge folder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

The readme file says to move all the specific files to each file and i did but the gauges still won't work......I did notice that when i loaded it the gauges and sound were in the same file and there all mixed together.....When i move the flaps i don't have sound...but there is a flap sound in the sound files.......Should i delete the aircraft and reload?

Thanks for all your help btw radarman.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jpalmer2004 wrote:

The readme file says to move all the specific files to each file and i did but the gauges still won't work......I did notice that when i loaded it the gauges and sound were in the same file and there all mixed together.....When i move the flaps i don't have sound...but there is a flap sound in the sound files.......Should i delete the aircraft and reload?

Thanks for all your help btw radarman.....

Good idea try to reinstall it.
If that won't work give us the link to the aircraft and one of us can try and load it.
I can't I just have FSX on my machine now.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I don't know if this is the same one i downloaded a while ago but no matter what i tried i could'nt get any switches, icons or anything on the autopilot to work! I even downloaded a different panel but this did'nt fix the problem. The only decent Bae 146 i've had was the payware eurowings for 2002, i know they have now upgraded it for 2004 but have not been able to find this version in my location.
Thanks to Radarman for not forgetting us now you have upgraded to FSX i hope to join you soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you're using Matthias Lieberecht's panel you might need the Patch: ml146v3p1.zip - available at avsim.

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

Where do i put that patch file?

My Autopilot works fine.......My NAv radio on the panel works and the GPS kneeboard and checklist buttons work fine too.......

Besides this problem the BAE 146 is awesome.....I wanna fix this bad lol...I love this plane....i Flew IFR Toronto to O'hare using no gauges....Had a rough landing cause the thrusters don't work and brakes are a bit lose too.......Think i scared a China Air 747 on landing... 😳 lol 25 feet from hitting him

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jpalmer2004 wrote:

Where do i put that patch file?

FS2004 Installation:

Unzip the file ML-BAe146v30p1.cab into the gauges folder of
FS2004. Do not unzip the cab file itself. This will be done from
the Flightsimulator when loading the panel. Just take care, that
the file ML-BAe146v30p1.cab is in the gauges folder.

Unzip the files of "FS2004 Panel.ZIP" into the panel folder
where you have installed version 3.0 of the BAe 146 panel. Take
care to replace all files when asked. If you would like to, you
could make a backup but it is not really necessary.

In the panel folder are now four different config files:

"panel.cfg"
This is the standard config file for a full version including
the GPWS and all 2D inside views.

"Aircraft with VC panel.cfg"
Same as above but without the 2D cockpit inside views for aircraft
models which contents a virtual cockpit.

"Without GPWS panel.cfg"
This is the config file for the panel without the GPWS warnings
but with all 2D cockpit inside views. It includes the altitude
callouts but not the Sinkrate, Terrain and other acoustic warnings.

"Aircraft with VC without GPWS panel.cfg"
Same as above but without the 2D cockpit inside views for aircraft
models which contents a virtual cockpit.

Rename the panel configuration file you want into panel.cfg

That's all.

Idea

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

I put those files in my panel folder Reloaded the plane entirely.....Plane works but now i get a warning message when i select Aircaft "Unable to load some Software File Gauges/Xmlsound.gau I got the sound folder in there so im kinda lost....

BTW when i go to fly the plane the cockpit is now entirely Black...The side Views and rear views work though in the VC..... Ermm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jpalmer2004 wrote:

I put those files in my panel folder..

Why?

Didn't you read this:

Unzip the file ML-BAe146v30p1.cab into the gauges folder of
FS2004.
?

ikedaman Guest

i had the same problem with Jon Murchison's BAE 146-200.
you need the Ba142pnl,zip for simviation.com - just unzip the gauges.zip to FS2004 gauges folder - no need to unzip the panel.zip.

seddondixon@gmail.com Guest

which versionare u using??. xplane11 ??. All gauge should work.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...