I picked up FS today, read all the system req's, but when I opened the box, it says I have to load with a DVD only and that a stand alone CD-ROM will not work. Man is that a crazy thing, why did they not put that on the outside of the box. Sure hate to buy a $60 dvd to load a $40 sim.
Thanks for any help.
3 Answers
i dont know where u bought it but it should say PC DVD on the top right corner of the box and a DVD-rom doesnt cost 60dolars if u go to wal-mart u can get them for 30 dollars
It does say PC DVD on the box, so can I load it without a dvd?
I have a Dell, if I put a non-dell product, it can void my warranty.
Thanks
No, it will not load from a CD-ROM drive. Why on earth would anyone buy something that says PCDVD on the box if they don't have DVD drive??? Hopefully, you have a friend with a USB external DVD drive that you can borow.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain