CAN I LOAD FSX WITHOUT A DVD

c2fargon Guest

I picked up FS today, read all the system req's, but when I opened the box, it says I have to load with a DVD only and that a stand alone CD-ROM will not work. Man is that a crazy thing, why did they not put that on the outside of the box. Sure hate to buy a $60 dvd to load a $40 sim.
Thanks for any help.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

i dont know where u bought it but it should say PC DVD on the top right corner of the box and a DVD-rom doesnt cost 60dolars if u go to wal-mart u can get them for 30 dollars

c2fargon Guest

It does say PC DVD on the box, so can I load it without a dvd?
I have a Dell, if I put a non-dell product, it can void my warranty.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

No, it will not load from a CD-ROM drive. Why on earth would anyone buy something that says PCDVD on the box if they don't have DVD drive??? Hopefully, you have a friend with a USB external DVD drive that you can borow.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...