runway 55

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

pokey1694 wrote:

Why is there no such thing as lets just say runway 55 if you runway is at a heading of 055?
Dont Know Dont Know

Runways are marked in 10 degree increments. Over time, the magnet field of the earth changes. Sometimes they have to rename a runway because of this, Runway 1 may have to be renamed 2. If the runways were marked to the nearest 5 degrees, they would have to rename runways more frequently, maybe even twice as often. 🙂

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

pokey1694 wrote:

so what would a heading of 055 be named as for a rwy

I am unable to find the dividing line between choices. My own theory is that the movement of the magnetic field is known, it's even shown on aeronautical charts as degrees per year. The runway would be marked with this future movement in mind, either 5 or 6 depending on future movement of the field. 🙂

Don Wood Guest

At least in the US, runway headings are rounded to get the designation. Thus, a heading of 055 would result in a runway designation of zero six and a heading of 054 would result in a designator of zero five.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

''N700MS, cleared for takeoff runway 150L''

That sounds a bit odd to me. That would be a heading of 150

''N700MS, cleared to land runway 5.9R''

That would be a heading of 59.

Guest Ed Guest

Murfi wrote:

No, you drop the last zero, so the runway with a heading of 150 degrees would be runway 15. The one with a heading of 59 degrees would be runway 6 (or 06, as Don Wood says).

Ed

Guest Ed Guest

And a runway with a heading of 5.9 (or 6) degrees would be runway 01, of course.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Guest Ed wrote:

Murfi wrote:

No, you drop the last zero, so the runway with a heading of 150 degrees would be runway 15. The one with a heading of 59 degrees would be runway 6 (or 06, as Don Wood says).

Ed

I'm not stupid, I know that. I've flown real planes I know the runways. It was an example if a runway number was given to every 1 degree and not 10.

denuncia polizia postale Guest

denuncia polizia postale denuncia polizia postale bobina tesla bobina tesla umidificatore casa umidificatore casa wireless scheda rete wireless scheda rete ceramiche arte ceramiche arte t30 ibm t30 ibm cacchiate it cacchiate it tutti i giochi da scaricare tutti i giochi da scaricare palermo mykonos palermo mykonos sito francese sito francese

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...