Deploying spped brakes

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

OK. I give up. How does one deploy the speed brakes on a Mooney? For that matter, how many prop planes even have speed brakes. Are we talking about prop pitch?? I know about spoilers on jets, but speed brakes on a prop airplane? Are we talking slip and full flaps?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

skypilot2 wrote:

OK. I give up. How does one deploy the speed brakes on a Mooney? For that matter, how many prop planes even have speed brakes. Are we talking about prop pitch?? I know about spoilers on jets, but speed brakes on a prop airplane? Are we talking slip and full flaps?

To deploy the speed brakes, hit [/] on keyboard. Some high performance propeller aircraft have speed brakes but most propeller aircraft don't. The speed brakes on the Mooney consist of red metal, scissor type metal plates, 6-8 inches in height, on the topsides of both wings. They produce drag that allows the aircraft to descend at a good rate without picking up excessive airspeed. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...