Rome to Naples Run?????

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Anyone else expieriencing problems with this mission? On final into naples the throttle opens up and jets spool up to 95% about 2 miles out. This has happened in both deluxe version and standard version FSX. I was coming in to low the first time and added a bit of power and throttle opened all the way. Second time I was right on the popi or vasi and it opened up with no assist. Pisses me off when the entire flight goes perfect and a person spends the TIME and then it glitches. Evil or Very Mad

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Frag Guest

From what I can gather, it sounds like you're operating the throttles manually. The only things I can think of that would cause that kind of effect would be either the accidental activation of the autopilot, or something to do with TO/GA being armed (which I have no experience with).

I will try the mission out right now. I'll get back to you with my results.

Frag Guest

The results are in!

I had no trouble with the mission, so it's not the mission's fault. After seeing that the A321 was being flown, I immediately suspected a safety feature being activated. I did some testing, and found exactly what happened to you.

The A321 is designed so that when you are about to enter a stall, it applies full throttle. The only way to get the throttles back into your control is to apply forward pressure on the stick to lower to nose, then it will give control back to you.

Next time you fly the A321, remember that it is designed with safety in mind.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Thanks. I will give it a try again.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Frag. That was it. Mission accomplished. Now , how would you like checking out the VOR lesson with Rod. I am having radio and throttle issues on that flight lesson. Maybe you could help me with that one too?? 🙂 I can't seem to find the radios he is descibing and the throttle won't stay fixed in position so makes the lesson fail........

Frag Guest

Which license is it for? I will check it out after I get home tonight.

Frag Guest

I didn't have any trouble with the VOR lesson.

At the beginning, the throttle is controlled by the instructor.

The radio stack is on the right side of the panel. You can see a picture of it in the documentation for the lesson (first picture on the page).

Starting from the top:

At the top left is your comm 1 radio. This is for communication.

To the right, you have the Nav 1 radio. This is your primary navigation instrument. Nav 1 is the only radio you can get DME and ILS glideslope info from. Refering to the picture, it corresponds to the instrument B.

Second row down, you have your Nomm 2 and Nav 2 radios. Nav 2 recieves bearing info only, and effects the instrument under the Nav 1 instrument.

Third row down is your ADF tuner. This one I believe tracks radio frequencies in the AM range (correct me if I'm wrong). The needle for this instrument always points to the source of the radio signal. The instrument with have a solid yellow arrow, and there may or may not be an outline of a plane on it.

Fourth row down is your DME readout. On the left, it tells you your distance from the station. On the right, it tells you your ground speed relative to the station. This information is recieved through the Nav 1 radio.

Fifth row down is your transponder.

Last row is your autopilot settings.

Now, go back and try the lesson again.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Tried it again and I definetly have issues with this mission. The throttle won't stay fixed and now Rod is ending the mission before he even begins the lesson. Tells me about the radios and right after that he states since things are not going well etc. 🙄 Think I will try a few other lessons...

Frag Guest

Hmm...

You said he ends the lesson before he begins it, and it relates to the throttle. At the beginning of the mission, it tells you (text only) to advance the throttle to 2/3. I will try it again without doing this and see what happens.

Frag Guest

Ok, now I notice the throttle problem. No fix for it as far as I know. Despite several attempts, I could not get him to end the lesson before it began. You can keep the throttle at full for the duration of the flight without any problems. Also, set the autopilot from hdg to nav mode at the start of the lesson, because when he gives control to you, you will be too far left of the course.

thisguy Guest

skypilot2 wrote:

Anyone else expieriencing problems with this mission? On final into naples the throttle opens up and jets spool up to 95% about 2 miles out. This has happened in both deluxe version and standard version FSX. I was coming in to low the first time and added a bit of power and throttle opened all the way. Second time I was right on the popi or vasi and it opened up with no assist. Pisses me off when the entire flight goes perfect and a person spends the TIME and then it glitches. Evil or Very Mad

Yep, same thing here. Things are going real smooth, then autothrottle? light comes on and, "no landing for you!"

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...