NO VC just a Black box

Pro Member Trainee
Malafor Trainee

Well i got FSX-SE 5 days ago and had nothing but trouble with it.Most of which has now been sorted.
But the major bug i have is when i launch the game into 5760x1080.
The Virtual Cockpit shows a black screen.If i launch it in 1920x1080 its all fine.
I have 3x23" HP Monitors.
I dont use DirectX 10 ( i have tried it ) Lowerd all my settings to lowest possable and still no VC.
I have spent hours trolling here there and everywhere for an answer with no luck so far and still waiting on dovetail to answer my ticket.
I have also tried both default cockpit views
My set-up is
AMD FX 8350 8 cores at 4ghz.
32gig of ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX760 2000mb
3x23" HP Monitors

Cheers All

EDIT UPDATE.

Its one of the stock planes Bombardier CRJ700.

Nows heres a funny thing having just got the game i thought i would work my way through the missions.

I played with the CRJ700 in free Flight mode so i could get a small feel of it.

I didnt like the cockpit view so installed Ezdok and set up the planes i would use in the missions 4-5 planes ahead.

I put the CRJ in the free game loaded it up VC was there setup the Ezdok setting i wanted and it worked just fine.

Then Went to do the mission Tutorial 8 - Transitioning to Jets And No VC ,went back to Free Flight and no VC.

Now the smaller planes like the Cess,Beechcraft King Ait 350 all work fine.

So i thought try the AirBus in the Rome-Naples Airline Run mission and that work fine with Ezdok.

I was lost before now an way off course

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it in Window mode and see if that works.
Did you follow the read-me that came with the download as to where the gauges go.

See if this helps.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/33636/cockpit-seems-black/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Malafor Trainee

Hi N Thanks for reply.
It is a stock plane that came with the game when i downloaded it.
So it should have installed ok.
Most of the other stock planes seem to work ( so far ).
I was just doing the missions as stock

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your right, if it was a default aircraft it should be perfect.
Drop in disk 1 and choose repair, that should put the gauges into the correct folders.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Malafor Trainee

Hi.
Its the Steam Edition so i might have to download it again which will be painful with my 2mb line lol.
Am going to test a few more stock aircraft and see how that goes.
If its only a small amount maybe i should download planes and / or VC from this website and try to replace over the stock Aircrafts that are missing .
I just wona fly various aircraft and visit a few airports etc just need to learn how first :/
Thanks n TC

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I didn't realize you had Steam, I use the original disks...I own what I pay for.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Malafor Trainee

Hi RadarMan and all others.
After Days of trying to sort this out and with little improvement i have basicaly given up with FSX Steam Edition.
The fault in my opinion is some of the default planes and cockpits do not work in 5760x1080 resolution while some of them do.
Dovetail from my experiance have not got a clu, they so called revamped FSX into FSX-SE is totaly over hyped meaning a little fix here and there and so on.
Dovetail support is even worse very slow at replying snail like,very unhelpfull by telling me its my onboard graphics that are causing the problem ( i dont have onboard graphics ) after sending a DXDIAG to them.Then the term Am guessing is used by them followed by sending me links to nvidia from 2004/5.
So yet again i told them my setup and what graphic cards i use and that my setup works great in ARMA3 at max res with no issues but they should check some of the default planes settings.And guess what you guessed it its my graphic cards.
Now i have tested FSX-SE on one of my other pc's low end gpu singel screen low res and it works just fine,But am not prepared to play at that res when i have a gd setup.
So am going to ask for a refund from steam ( slim chance of getting it i think ).
So question remains do i give perar3d or X-Plane a go or just give up on flight sims even tho avionics is of a huge interest from.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you can't find a reasonably priced copy of FSX Gold somewhere then I guess http://www.prepar3d.com/ is your best bet.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...