My New Yoke

Pro Member Trainee
HardLight Trainee

Hi Guys,

Just managed to win one of these Yokes on ebay:

Should have in it in a few days.

I am hoping to use it with my Saitek x52 throttle. Do you guys have any idea whether this will be possible?

Thanks!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

HardLight wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just managed to win one of these Yokes on ebay:

Should have in it in a few days.

I am hoping to use it with my Saitek x52 throttle. Do you guys have any idea whether this will be possible?

Thanks!

How fantastic! Enjoy that!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HardLight Trainee

I'm really pleased, was a bargin!

Can't wait for it to arrive! (I'm like a big kid when it comes to things like this)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You are one lucky sim pilot, those cost a bundle. You shouldn't have any trouble using the Saitek X52 throttle with your new yoke, it will just be another controller. Just make sure all of the assignments are correct and you be airborne in no time, congratulations. Group Wave

Pro Member Trainee
HardLight Trainee

Had a few problems getting Jetliner Yoke working on my XPS M1710 all sorted now though! (USB Issue).

I can tell you guys this is one hell of a piece of kit, its very well engineered.

The pots are a little jumpy though. I think this may be something to do with the legacy gameport connection even though I'm connecting by USB (Both connections are available on the yoke) and the pots only using two connections rather than the modern sole usb joysticks which use all three pot connections and the relative resistance of the wiper.

I've been looking at some usb joystick circuit boards and replacement pots, with the possibility of swapping out the electronics. If I decide to go ahead I'll post some details and pics of the project.

If I get chance tomorrow I'll post a few pics of the Yoke and its construction.

Kind Regards,

Will

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I've had good luck with WD40 on pots. After I used it once in Alaska, not having any pot cleaner available, I found it to do the better job. I'm a retired radio engineer / avionics inspector.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...