how do i line up with a runway?

cohen Guest

I love flying fsx.I am still new at this thing but are getting the hang of it.I know how to fly to an airport,no problem, but when I get there i dont know how to line up.what do you do to line up to you selected runway?

(ps. i fly a ifr approach usually that brings me to the airport but dont let me line up with the runway)

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE.. IM FRUSTRATED!!

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Right u got to use somethink called ILS , First hit the map button , next click the airport anda irport runway ur landing at , next there will be somethink sayingfor exsample > ILS 100.200 or somethink like that <, remember the number and next click the radio shack button and find somethink called Nav1. Next put in the code in 100.200 w/e Then click the nav1 butten. Next find the Nav button on ur main cotpit and ther u go , Max 12 NM away from the airport for it to start lineing you up

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

Post up your email address and I will email you a pdf file of how to use the ILS.

Its very easy to do using this information as it has pictures as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

May be you would also like to practise an ILS Approach lesson in Flight simulator itself..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...