SearchSearch 

Problem with Random Pausing in FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
RSSMITH7 Trainee

I am having a problem in FS2004 with the program randomly pausing on its own at will. I can be taking off, en route, or landing and the system will just pause as if I had hit the "P" key. Can anyone tell me how I can get this stopped? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

THANKS !!

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

RSSMITH7 wrote:

I am having a problem in FS2004 with the program randomly pausing on its own at will. I can be taking off, en route, or landing and the system will just pause as if I had hit the "P" key. Can anyone tell me how I can get this stopped? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

I've never heard of this problem with FS2004(FS9), sounds like something on your system is fooling FS9 that a task has switched within FS9. Try this, within FS9, go to Options--Settings---General. Uncheck [Pause on task switch]. Let us know if that stops it's bad behavior. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
RSSMITH7 Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

RSSMITH7 wrote:

I've never heard of this problem with FS2004(FS9), sounds like something on your system is fooling FS9 that a task has switched within FS9. Try this, within FS9, go to Options--Settings---General. Uncheck [Pause on task switch]. Let us know if that stops it's bad behavior. 🙂

Thanks . . . I tried your advise and it seems to have helped. I flew for two hours last night and the program never paused. It tried to pause a few times but never actually stopped.
Thanks again !!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍