Default 737 instrument lights ??

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I have noticed that if I turn on my nav lights, my instrument lights come on bright. It seems the only way I can dim them is to shut off the nav lights.

Am I missing something obvious here?
I do most of my flying at night so it is aggravating. I only notice this problem with the 737.

thanks..mh

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

Your NAV light controls your panel light instruments by default from what I have read.

Mine do the same thing when I turn on mine the CRJ. You can go into the .cfg file to change it, but I don't like to fly at night without the lights.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks Av8r77,

Problem with my setup is, I have a very bright CRT monitor so with the instrument lights on, they are so bright it's hard to see anything out the windows. They seem to be perfect when they are off... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I also do not like the brightness of the panel when flying at night with NAV lights on. It is like driving at night in your car or truck with the interior lights on. Twisted Evil Not good!

It would be nice if just the gages on the instrument panel illuminated. Many of us have probably actual seen cabin photos of night flights and only the buttons, switched and gages are lit; the cabin is in darkness.

I would do more night flying but for the overly bright cockpits. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...