Laptop..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hello.

I was wondering cos my brother seems to be on the computer all the time and I don'r particulally have time to go on it!

Do any of you good guys know any really cheap laptops (link if possible) or any good second hand laptops.

Or do any of u have old laptops and maybe we could discuss!

SteveT Crying or Very sad

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hehe, I have a similar problem. When I am in the computer, usually simming, my brother comes and wants the computer for some reason. So I have 15 minutes to do whatever I'm doing and then I have to give it to him. We have more than 2 computers at home but he always wants this one 😕 It's the best computer we have and he wants to see his Fifa 2006 players look realistic with the quality of the graphics.

Anyway, my dad is gonna buy me a laptop so I can use it to study. I don't know exactly which laptop is it, but I'm gonna look for it and let you know later.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, I can't find the laptop my dad is gonna buy me, but I'd recommend you to buy a Laptop with an AMD processor with a speed of more than 2.0 GHz, with more than 512MB and a graphics card separated from the motherboard. If you get a laptop with the specs I gave up, you'll have a pretty nice laptop.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

im getting this laptop for my birthday (december 3rd) i know its not much of a gaming computer but thats what ill use my desktop for. it looks pretty good and all the reviews i read of it, everybody likes it

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/entnb_6000?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

hey,

i've recently purchased the inspiron 6000 - has been great so far. Runs smoothly, yet to have a single glitch.

Michael

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

try dell outlet for good deals on reconditioned Dell Laptops

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

ll that regognize me. I am back! I have been away.

Anyway, I just bought a laptop. It is exspensive though. I know you were asking about something cheap. My point is it runs flight sim, call of duty, BF2 etc.

It is a sony Vaio p560 1.83 gh, 1.5 ram and a nvidea go 6200 128 graphics card. Oh yeah! The processor is Centrino.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Welcome back Elkinallen!! Haven't seen you for a loooong time 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Welcome back Elkinallen!! Haven't seen you for a loooong time 😉

Agus, would you be so kind and help a fellow simmer out?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9850/airbus-a340-600/

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes, sure 😀

I need to go to my other computer so answer your questions because I have the panel installed there. I'll send you the panel through Yousendit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Good to see you back Elkinallen, nice laptop. I've been looking at some, not to run games but just the net and to play gin rummy ( I'm hooked on it).
All the (user) reviews of them I read make me afraid to buy one. Acer looks good though.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks for the welcome back Augus and RadarMan. Very nice. Yeah. The laptop scene is really growing. I use it a lot for multi-media and such. This one that I have really is a good one. EXSPENSIVE though!!! 2 grand!!! 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hello.

I was wondering cos my brother seems to be on the computer all the time and I don'r particulally have time to go on it!

Do any of you good guys know any really cheap laptops (link if possible) or any good second hand laptops.

Or do any of u have old laptops and maybe we could discuss!

SteveT Crying or Very sad

I used to have the same problem with my parents and my sister, they all wanted the computer. For my birthday, I got a Compaq Presario SR1630NX and it works pretty good with the sim.

Welcome back Elkinallen! 🍻

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I think it comes out in January(but I'm not sure), MIT's $100 laptop comes out, here's what the MAXIMUM PC magazine said about it:
"The brainiacs at MIT are working on a Linux-based $100 laptop with a 500MHz processor, 1 GB of storage, and a 1MP digital camera. Like AMD's PIC project, it's aimed at kids and third world wannabe netizens. The prototype notebook is ruffed, enabled with Wi-Fi and cellphone technology, and creates a mesh network with other nearby machines when turned on."
(Maximum PC pg. 14)

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

😀 Good to be back. I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We havent the luck to known each other Captain but anyway i feel that we will have this oppportunity since now... 😉

Well....Welcome back 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...